Julia Louis-Dreyfus Finds Misspelled Name on Walk of Fame Star 'Hysterical'
Getting her name carved in Hollywood Walk of Fame should be an honor for Julia Louis-Dreyfus. But the Emmy-winning actress found it "hysterical" when she learned that her name was misspelled on the star.
The "The New Adventures of Old Christine" beauty was scheduled to unveil her star on Tuesday morning, May 4. But hours before the ceremony, CNN producer David Daniel who snapped a picture of the star found that her name was misspelled to become "Julia Luis Dreyfus", missing the "O" and a hypen.
David then contacted a press rep for the Walk of Fame Ana Martinez-Holler about the error. Later, workmen chiseled out the "Luis" and replaced it with a temporary "Louis" for the unveiling. The star will be permanently repaired soon.
Julia, in the meantime, thought the typo was hilarious that she actually wanted to keep as it was. "The misspelling was so perfectly apt, a great metaphor for show business," she said as quoted by Associated Press after the ceremony. "Right when you think you've made it, you get knocked down. It's an ideal metaphor for how this business works."
More Julia Louis-Dreyfus News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage