Julia Louis-Dreyfus Finds Misspelled Name on Walk of Fame Star 'Hysterical'
Getting her name carved in Hollywood Walk of Fame should be an honor for Julia Louis-Dreyfus. But the Emmy-winning actress found it "hysterical" when she learned that her name was misspelled on the star.
The "The New Adventures of Old Christine" beauty was scheduled to unveil her star on Tuesday morning, May 4. But hours before the ceremony, CNN producer David Daniel who snapped a picture of the star found that her name was misspelled to become "Julia Luis Dreyfus", missing the "O" and a hypen.
David then contacted a press rep for the Walk of Fame Ana Martinez-Holler about the error. Later, workmen chiseled out the "Luis" and replaced it with a temporary "Louis" for the unveiling. The star will be permanently repaired soon.
Julia, in the meantime, thought the typo was hilarious that she actually wanted to keep as it was. "The misspelling was so perfectly apt, a great metaphor for show business," she said as quoted by Associated Press after the ceremony. "Right when you think you've made it, you get knocked down. It's an ideal metaphor for how this business works."
More Julia Louis-Dreyfus News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs