Matthew Vaughn Back on Fox's Radar for 'X-Men: First Class'
20th Century Fox apparently has a big desire for Matthew Vaughn to direct "X-Men: First Class". Over the weekend it was reported that the director was in talks to helm the project which will have Bryan Singer as the producer. Shortly later, it was said that Vaughn passed on the opportunity but Deadline came out with the latest update that it happened the other way round.
Deals are actually being negotiated on Monday, May 3 between the studio and Vaughn's WMR reps. Fox reportedly canceled meetings with other directors once knowing that Vaughn would like to work on a deal. The list of potential directors ranged from Timur Bekmambetov to David Slade but it was Louis Leterrier who impressed the execs.
Should the negotiation with Vaughn go through as planned, then the director of "Kick-Ass" will be required to start working in late summer or early fall for 2012 release.
Matthew Vaughn was supposed to direct "X-Men: The Last Stand" when Bryan Singer stepped down from the role. However, he pulled out before the shooting began due to family matter. Brett Ratner was then hired for the project which eventually experienced a success on the box office despite receiving mix reviews.
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Tom Hanks, Piers Morgan, Donald Trump and More Mourn the Death of Space Legend John Glenn