First Trailer for 'The American' Sees George Clooney as Assassin
Yahoo! Movies has got its hand on the first trailer for "The American". Starring George Clooney as an assassin named Jack, the film follows him in his last duty which does not go simply as it is predicted. Despite picking up the professional killer as the major character, the film will likely not feature a lot of actions since it focuses on his personal conflict.
After a job in Sweden ends more harshly than expected for this American abroad, master craftsman Jack decides his next assignment will be his last. He hides out in Italy where his job, as specified by Belgian woman Mathilde, is in the offing as a weapon is constructed.
Surprising himself, Jack seeks out the friendship of local priest Father Benedetto, with whom he opens up about himself, and pursues romance with local woman Clara. But by stepping out of the shadows, Jack may be tempting fate.
Beside starring in it, Clooney also serves as producer alongside Anne Carrey and Grant Heslov. Joining him in the cast ensemble are Bruce Altman, Thekla Reuten, Violante Placido and Paolo Bonacelli. Anton Corbijn serves behind the lens of this suspense thriller, which will get limited U.S. release on September 1.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza