J.J. Abrams' Spy Drama, NBC's First Scripted Series for 2010-11
Those curious where J.J. Abrams would go from "Lost" now get the answer as NBC has officially announced the producer's new project. Abrams' Bad Robot production is financing "Undercovers", a sexy, fun, action-packed spy drama that proves once and for all that marriage is still the world's most dangerous partnership.
"Undercovers" is thus the first scripted series picked up by NBC for its 2010-11 season. "We have tremendous confidence in this promising series and feel this is a great way to kick off our upcoming Upfront development announcements," said Jeff Gaspin, Chairman, NBC Universal Television Entertainment. "J.J. has delivered another signature series, along with our partners at Warner Bros., and we couldn't be happier."
Angela Bromstad, President, Primetime Entertainment added, "Having J.J. on our creative team is a great reason for celebration. In 'Undercovers,' J.J. and Josh have found a breakout couple that is rich in character and brimming with romance and action. We feel he's found the perfect cast."
Boris Kodjoe stars as Steven Bloom who married Samantha (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) and owns a small catering company in Los Angeles. Secretly, the duo were two of the CIA's best spies until they fell in love on the job five years ago and retired. When fellow spy and friend Nash (Carter MacIntyre) goes missing while on the trail of a Russian arms dealer, the Blooms are reinstated by boss Carlton Shaw (Gerald McRaney) to locate and rescue Nash.
The pair is thrust back into the world of espionage as they follow leads that span the globe - and Steven and Samantha realize that this supercharged, undercover lifestyle provides the excitement and romance that their marriage has been missing. Jessica Parker Kennedy and Ben Schwartz are also starring. The pilot is directed by Abrams and is co-written by Abrams and Josh Reims ("Brothers & Sisters").
More about the new series can be found on its official Facebook and Twitter page.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences