Artist of the Week: MGMT
MGMT scored their best sales week with their second album "Congratulations" which arrived at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with 66,000 units. It topped the achievement of their previous album "Oracular Spectacular" which could only peak at No. 38 on the U.S. albums chart.
In addition to having a chart-busting album, MGMT also had their work recognized by NARAS, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. They received two nominations at this year's Grammy Awards; one for Best New Artist and the other for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, thanks to their hit single "Kids".
Congratulation indeed is an appropriate word addressed to this duo for their achievements. Starting from an indie act, they now have become one of the renowned bands, securing slots at major events such as Coachella and Bamboozle Music Festivals.
Beside performing at music festivals, MGMT have also mapped out a number of tour dates across North America to support the album. Noting that "Congratulations" has also cracked several albums charts in Europe, they additionally will fly across the pond for a series of live concerts.
More info about their upcoming shows can be checked on their MySpace.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards