Artist of the Week: MGMT
MGMT scored their best sales week with their second album "Congratulations" which arrived at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with 66,000 units. It topped the achievement of their previous album "Oracular Spectacular" which could only peak at No. 38 on the U.S. albums chart.
In addition to having a chart-busting album, MGMT also had their work recognized by NARAS, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. They received two nominations at this year's Grammy Awards; one for Best New Artist and the other for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, thanks to their hit single "Kids".
Congratulation indeed is an appropriate word addressed to this duo for their achievements. Starting from an indie act, they now have become one of the renowned bands, securing slots at major events such as Coachella and Bamboozle Music Festivals.
Beside performing at music festivals, MGMT have also mapped out a number of tour dates across North America to support the album. Noting that "Congratulations" has also cracked several albums charts in Europe, they additionally will fly across the pond for a series of live concerts.
More info about their upcoming shows can be checked on their MySpace.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby