Artist of the Week: MGMT
MGMT scored their best sales week with their second album "Congratulations" which arrived at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with 66,000 units. It topped the achievement of their previous album "Oracular Spectacular" which could only peak at No. 38 on the U.S. albums chart.
In addition to having a chart-busting album, MGMT also had their work recognized by NARAS, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. They received two nominations at this year's Grammy Awards; one for Best New Artist and the other for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, thanks to their hit single "Kids".
Congratulation indeed is an appropriate word addressed to this duo for their achievements. Starting from an indie act, they now have become one of the renowned bands, securing slots at major events such as Coachella and Bamboozle Music Festivals.
Beside performing at music festivals, MGMT have also mapped out a number of tour dates across North America to support the album. Noting that "Congratulations" has also cracked several albums charts in Europe, they additionally will fly across the pond for a series of live concerts.
More info about their upcoming shows can be checked on their MySpace.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'