Artist of the Week: MGMT
MGMT scored their best sales week with their second album "Congratulations" which arrived at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 with 66,000 units. It topped the achievement of their previous album "Oracular Spectacular" which could only peak at No. 38 on the U.S. albums chart.
In addition to having a chart-busting album, MGMT also had their work recognized by NARAS, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. They received two nominations at this year's Grammy Awards; one for Best New Artist and the other for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals, thanks to their hit single "Kids".
Congratulation indeed is an appropriate word addressed to this duo for their achievements. Starting from an indie act, they now have become one of the renowned bands, securing slots at major events such as Coachella and Bamboozle Music Festivals.
Beside performing at music festivals, MGMT have also mapped out a number of tour dates across North America to support the album. Noting that "Congratulations" has also cracked several albums charts in Europe, they additionally will fly across the pond for a series of live concerts.
More info about their upcoming shows can be checked on their MySpace.
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled