Sylvester Stallone: 'Rambo V' Not Happening, 'Expendables' Sequel in the Works
The last time he gave update on "Rambo V: The Savage Hunt", Sylvester Stallone stated the story had changed course. Now, he came out with a surprising news, claiming the upcoming fifth movie is not going to happen.
"I think Rambo's pretty well done. I don't think there'll be any more. I'm about 99% sure," he said in an interview with Empire magazine. "I was going to do it," the actor who was also set to direct the film added. "But for Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don't want that to happen."
"I'm very happy with the last Burmese episode, because I didn't pull any punches on it," Stallone further explained, referring to the latest installment entitled "Rambo". "I wanted it to be what civil war really is - rough. You can't candy coat it, and where do you go from there? So that's [Rambo V] going to go."
However, he is not completely done with Rambo as he is currently working on a new director's cut of the fourth film that will add 12 minutes of footage, including a surprising outburst of loquaciousness for the mumbling man of action at the movie's beginning.
"He does a speech at the beginning of the movie to Julie Benz where he lays out why his life has been a complete disappointment and why war is natural and peace is an accident," Stallone detailed. "And how he just feels that his life has been a waste. It's very important to hear that and I didn't think so at the time. I'm going to go back and put in some stuff."
While he thinks the era of Rambo is over, the 63-year-old star is ready to start a new franchise based on his upcoming film feature "The Expendables". Although the movie which has star-studded cast ensemble itself is not released until August 13, Stallone has begun developing the sequel, telling Empire "We are very serious... we're already working on an [Expendables] sequel."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story