First Looks at Chris Hemsworth in 'Thor' and Hank Azaria as Gargamel in 'Smurfs'
Those who are curious to know how Chris Hemsworth will be seen portraying a superhero in "Thor" can get a glimpse of him. Paramount Pictures has released the first picture from the film, revealing the actor in his character's costume.
In the official still debuted by Yahoo! Movies, Hemsworth's Thor is pictured having mustache and wearing the armor similar to the one seen in the comics. However, his helmet and iconic hammer Mjolnir are not featured in this image.
The first look at a character from another movie, "The Smurfs", has also surfaced. Posted by MovieWeb, the photo shows Hank Azaria as Gargamel. In the picture taken by fan from the set in New York City, the actor is captured shooting a scene on the street and wearing a long robe paired with red shoes.
"Thor" will follow Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions. But he later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of Asgard tries to invade Earth. Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman are also among the cast ensemble of the action adventure film which is due for May 6, 2011 release in the U.S.
Meanwhile, "The Smurfs" is based on comic book series of the same title and sees the adventures of a mythical race of little blue creatures in medieval times that must deal with each other and humans, particularly an evil wizard obsessed with capturing them for his own sinister purposes. Neil Patrick Harris is cast in the family animation which is planned to hit U.S. theaters on August 3, 2011.
More Thor News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance