Bret Michaels Could Be Well Enough for 'Apprentice' Finale
Although still in a critical condition, Bret Michaels is expected to make a speedy recovery, enough to get him in front of the camera in late May. The former Poison frontman is in ICU due to brain hemorrhage but he's also a competing contestant of "The Celebrity Apprentice", a reality show which will wind down on May 24.
Doctors are saying that it is possible for Michaels to appear on the live finale. "If all the studies he had done show no evidence of an aneurysm being found, it would really just depend on his energy level," said Dr. Ronald Benitez, director of cerebrovascular surgery at Overlook Hospital in Summit, N.J. "If all the tests were negative, and I was watching the show at the end of May, I personally wouldn't be surprised if he was on it."
The latest development in Michaels' medical case is that the source as well as the cause of the bleeding in the brain stem are not yet known. "Bret remains in critical condition in ICU under 24-hour supervision by doctors and medical staff. If a patient survives the initial rupture, the first seven to 10 days after are the most critical as an additional rupture or other complications may arise," said a statement released on Thursday, April 29.
"Celebrity Apprentice" has started airing since March and 7 contestants remain including Michaels. However, the live finale will require the last two standing to debate in front of Mr. Donald Trump on why they deserve to be named his apprentice.
"We've never been confronted with anything like this," Trump said earlier this week. "He is still in the show. He's doing really, really well, and all of sudden ... I can't imagine. It's going to be live for two hours, and it's going to be in four weeks. I can't imagine he's going to be on the finale, but he very well might be."
More The Celebrity Apprentice News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen