'Batman 3' and 'G.I. Joe' Sequel Slated for Summer 2012 Releases
Warner Bros. Pictures has been moving forward with their plan to make "Batman 3". The studio has officially announced that this follow-up to "The Dark Knight" is targeted for July 20, 2012 release in the U.S.
Little has been known about this untitled Batman 3 project except that it will hit IMAX theaters like several other Warner Bros.' films such as "The Hobbit" and "Superman" reboot. Christopher Nolan is set to return to direct the upcoming "Batman" movie and is working out on the story with David Goyer.
At the same time, another studio is also planning to release their movie in 2012. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has told MTV Movies Blog that Paramount Pictures is eying a summer slot for "G.I. Joe 2" but they have not picked up an exact release date.
Though scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have not delivered a script, the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is planned to start shooting in spring 2011. But when asked about whether all the main cast including Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will return to the second film, di Bonaventura refused to share a lot, stating "We haven't defined it yet. We're gonna keep that under wraps for the moment."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed