'Batman 3' and 'G.I. Joe' Sequel Slated for Summer 2012 Releases
Warner Bros. Pictures has been moving forward with their plan to make "Batman 3". The studio has officially announced that this follow-up to "The Dark Knight" is targeted for July 20, 2012 release in the U.S.
Little has been known about this untitled Batman 3 project except that it will hit IMAX theaters like several other Warner Bros.' films such as "The Hobbit" and "Superman" reboot. Christopher Nolan is set to return to direct the upcoming "Batman" movie and is working out on the story with David Goyer.
At the same time, another studio is also planning to release their movie in 2012. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has told MTV Movies Blog that Paramount Pictures is eying a summer slot for "G.I. Joe 2" but they have not picked up an exact release date.
Though scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have not delivered a script, the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is planned to start shooting in spring 2011. But when asked about whether all the main cast including Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will return to the second film, di Bonaventura refused to share a lot, stating "We haven't defined it yet. We're gonna keep that under wraps for the moment."
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'