'Batman 3' and 'G.I. Joe' Sequel Slated for Summer 2012 Releases
Warner Bros. Pictures has been moving forward with their plan to make "Batman 3". The studio has officially announced that this follow-up to "The Dark Knight" is targeted for July 20, 2012 release in the U.S.
Little has been known about this untitled Batman 3 project except that it will hit IMAX theaters like several other Warner Bros.' films such as "The Hobbit" and "Superman" reboot. Christopher Nolan is set to return to direct the upcoming "Batman" movie and is working out on the story with David Goyer.
At the same time, another studio is also planning to release their movie in 2012. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has told MTV Movies Blog that Paramount Pictures is eying a summer slot for "G.I. Joe 2" but they have not picked up an exact release date.
Though scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have not delivered a script, the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is planned to start shooting in spring 2011. But when asked about whether all the main cast including Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will return to the second film, di Bonaventura refused to share a lot, stating "We haven't defined it yet. We're gonna keep that under wraps for the moment."
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!