'Batman 3' and 'G.I. Joe' Sequel Slated for Summer 2012 Releases
Warner Bros. Pictures has been moving forward with their plan to make "Batman 3". The studio has officially announced that this follow-up to "The Dark Knight" is targeted for July 20, 2012 release in the U.S.
Little has been known about this untitled Batman 3 project except that it will hit IMAX theaters like several other Warner Bros.' films such as "The Hobbit" and "Superman" reboot. Christopher Nolan is set to return to direct the upcoming "Batman" movie and is working out on the story with David Goyer.
At the same time, another studio is also planning to release their movie in 2012. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has told MTV Movies Blog that Paramount Pictures is eying a summer slot for "G.I. Joe 2" but they have not picked up an exact release date.
Though scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have not delivered a script, the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is planned to start shooting in spring 2011. But when asked about whether all the main cast including Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will return to the second film, di Bonaventura refused to share a lot, stating "We haven't defined it yet. We're gonna keep that under wraps for the moment."
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day