'Batman 3' and 'G.I. Joe' Sequel Slated for Summer 2012 Releases
Warner Bros. Pictures has been moving forward with their plan to make "Batman 3". The studio has officially announced that this follow-up to "The Dark Knight" is targeted for July 20, 2012 release in the U.S.
Little has been known about this untitled Batman 3 project except that it will hit IMAX theaters like several other Warner Bros.' films such as "The Hobbit" and "Superman" reboot. Christopher Nolan is set to return to direct the upcoming "Batman" movie and is working out on the story with David Goyer.
At the same time, another studio is also planning to release their movie in 2012. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has told MTV Movies Blog that Paramount Pictures is eying a summer slot for "G.I. Joe 2" but they have not picked up an exact release date.
Though scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have not delivered a script, the follow-up to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" is planned to start shooting in spring 2011. But when asked about whether all the main cast including Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will return to the second film, di Bonaventura refused to share a lot, stating "We haven't defined it yet. We're gonna keep that under wraps for the moment."
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members