TIME's Most and Least Influential People in 2010
Two blonds are in the TIME's list for two very different reasons. Lady GaGa appears on the cover of the magazine's double issue along with former president Bill Clinton and professional footballer Didier Drogba as one of the Most Influential people this year while Heidi Montag, accompanied by her husband Spencer Pratt, is briefly mentioned in the Least Influential list.
Contributing in the article that reasons why GaGa is one important person in the world, Cyndi Lauper writes "Most of the stuff on the radio is not very clever, but GaGa presents her ideas in a sophisticated manner. She has an incredible pop sensibility." Lauper adds, "She isn't a pop act, she is a performance artist. She herself is the art. She is the sculpture."
This year, TIME divides the Most Influential list into four categories, namely Leaders, Artists, Thinkers, and Heroes. Each of them has 25 people listed and joining GaGa in the Artist category are Robert Pattinson, Taylor Swift, Sandra Bullock, James Cameron, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof among others. President Obama and Sarah Palin are under the Leaders flag while Ben Stiller and Jet Li are under Heroes.
Over at the Least Influential list, TIME brands Montag as Moron. The article says, "Then you were famous for getting lots of plastic surgery and selling only 658 copies of your album in its first week. Now you're not famous. That was fast." Regarding Pratt, TIME writes, "Montag fired him as her manager. It's like we need a whole other list of the uninfluential to the uninfluential."
Montag and Pratt are not alone as Paula Abdul, Michael Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray, Balloon Boy's mom Mayumi Heene, Joaquin Phoenix, and octomom Nadya Suleman also make it to the 100 Least Influential people list.
Full list of Most Influential and Least Influential are available at Time.com.
More Lady GaGa News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones