TIME's Most and Least Influential People in 2010
Two blonds are in the TIME's list for two very different reasons. Lady GaGa appears on the cover of the magazine's double issue along with former president Bill Clinton and professional footballer Didier Drogba as one of the Most Influential people this year while Heidi Montag, accompanied by her husband Spencer Pratt, is briefly mentioned in the Least Influential list.
Contributing in the article that reasons why GaGa is one important person in the world, Cyndi Lauper writes "Most of the stuff on the radio is not very clever, but GaGa presents her ideas in a sophisticated manner. She has an incredible pop sensibility." Lauper adds, "She isn't a pop act, she is a performance artist. She herself is the art. She is the sculpture."
This year, TIME divides the Most Influential list into four categories, namely Leaders, Artists, Thinkers, and Heroes. Each of them has 25 people listed and joining GaGa in the Artist category are Robert Pattinson, Taylor Swift, Sandra Bullock, James Cameron, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof among others. President Obama and Sarah Palin are under the Leaders flag while Ben Stiller and Jet Li are under Heroes.
Over at the Least Influential list, TIME brands Montag as Moron. The article says, "Then you were famous for getting lots of plastic surgery and selling only 658 copies of your album in its first week. Now you're not famous. That was fast." Regarding Pratt, TIME writes, "Montag fired him as her manager. It's like we need a whole other list of the uninfluential to the uninfluential."
Montag and Pratt are not alone as Paula Abdul, Michael Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray, Balloon Boy's mom Mayumi Heene, Joaquin Phoenix, and octomom Nadya Suleman also make it to the 100 Least Influential people list.
Full list of Most Influential and Least Influential are available at Time.com.
More Lady GaGa News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West