Conan O'Brien Wouldn't Do What Jay Leno Did to Him
CBS released an excerpt of "60 Minutes" interview with Conan O'Brien that includes Conan slamming Jay Leno for taking back "Tonight Show" when given the offer. "He went and took that show back," Conan said. "And I think in a similar situation, if roles had been reversed, I know- I know me, I wouldn't have done that."
In the interview which will air on Sunday, May 2, Conan also said, "If I had surrendered 'The Tonight Show' and handed it over to somebody publicly and wished them well, and then ...six months later, I wouldn't have taken it back. But that's me, you know. Everyone's got their own, you know, way of doing things."
Conan said that he would have "done something else, go someplace else." About his decision to leave the network, Conan defended, "I think this relationship is going be toxic and maybe we just need to go our separate ways. That's really how it felt to me ...and I started to feel that I'm not sure these people even really want me here ...I can't do it [anymore]."
Asked whether he felt like he got screwed, Conan said that he sleeps well at night and added, "No, I didn't. I'm fine. It just didn't work out."
Conan is now in the middle of 30-city North American comedy tour. He would have his own talk show on TBS in November. Meanwhile, "The Tonight Show" has improved in rating since Jay Leno returned.
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds