Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear Cast as the Kennedys
History's miniseries about the Kennedy family is taking shape with the casting of First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and President John F. Kennedy. The execs from the basic cable channel announced on Wednesday, April 28 that Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear will take over the roles.
In the eight-hour miniseries which will be controversial, Holmes and Kinnear will be joined by Tom Wilkinson as family patriarch Joe Kennedy Sr. and Barry Pepper as Attorney General Robert Kennedy. The series which is History's first foray into scripted miniseries, will be broadcast in 2011.
According to some reports, it will follow the rise of the family's political dynasty and the early years of Kennedy's presidency before he was assassinated in 1963. The series is produced by Joel Surnow aka the creator of "24" and the script is written by Stephen Kronish. History said that the screenplay "is currently being annotated and vetted by History's resident historians."
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler