Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear Cast as the Kennedys
History's miniseries about the Kennedy family is taking shape with the casting of First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and President John F. Kennedy. The execs from the basic cable channel announced on Wednesday, April 28 that Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear will take over the roles.
In the eight-hour miniseries which will be controversial, Holmes and Kinnear will be joined by Tom Wilkinson as family patriarch Joe Kennedy Sr. and Barry Pepper as Attorney General Robert Kennedy. The series which is History's first foray into scripted miniseries, will be broadcast in 2011.
According to some reports, it will follow the rise of the family's political dynasty and the early years of Kennedy's presidency before he was assassinated in 1963. The series is produced by Joel Surnow aka the creator of "24" and the script is written by Stephen Kronish. History said that the screenplay "is currently being annotated and vetted by History's resident historians."
More Katie Holmes News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance