Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear Cast as the Kennedys
History's miniseries about the Kennedy family is taking shape with the casting of First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and President John F. Kennedy. The execs from the basic cable channel announced on Wednesday, April 28 that Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear will take over the roles.
In the eight-hour miniseries which will be controversial, Holmes and Kinnear will be joined by Tom Wilkinson as family patriarch Joe Kennedy Sr. and Barry Pepper as Attorney General Robert Kennedy. The series which is History's first foray into scripted miniseries, will be broadcast in 2011.
According to some reports, it will follow the rise of the family's political dynasty and the early years of Kennedy's presidency before he was assassinated in 1963. The series is produced by Joel Surnow aka the creator of "24" and the script is written by Stephen Kronish. History said that the screenplay "is currently being annotated and vetted by History's resident historians."
More Katie Holmes News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'