Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear Cast as the Kennedys
History's miniseries about the Kennedy family is taking shape with the casting of First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and President John F. Kennedy. The execs from the basic cable channel announced on Wednesday, April 28 that Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear will take over the roles.
In the eight-hour miniseries which will be controversial, Holmes and Kinnear will be joined by Tom Wilkinson as family patriarch Joe Kennedy Sr. and Barry Pepper as Attorney General Robert Kennedy. The series which is History's first foray into scripted miniseries, will be broadcast in 2011.
According to some reports, it will follow the rise of the family's political dynasty and the early years of Kennedy's presidency before he was assassinated in 1963. The series is produced by Joel Surnow aka the creator of "24" and the script is written by Stephen Kronish. History said that the screenplay "is currently being annotated and vetted by History's resident historians."
More Katie Holmes News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'