Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear Cast as the Kennedys
History's miniseries about the Kennedy family is taking shape with the casting of First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and President John F. Kennedy. The execs from the basic cable channel announced on Wednesday, April 28 that Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear will take over the roles.
In the eight-hour miniseries which will be controversial, Holmes and Kinnear will be joined by Tom Wilkinson as family patriarch Joe Kennedy Sr. and Barry Pepper as Attorney General Robert Kennedy. The series which is History's first foray into scripted miniseries, will be broadcast in 2011.
According to some reports, it will follow the rise of the family's political dynasty and the early years of Kennedy's presidency before he was assassinated in 1963. The series is produced by Joel Surnow aka the creator of "24" and the script is written by Stephen Kronish. History said that the screenplay "is currently being annotated and vetted by History's resident historians."
More Katie Holmes News
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video