It's Official: Summit Chose Bill Condon to Direct 'Breaking Dawn'
Summit Entertainment has made a progress on the development of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" by officially announcing who will take the directing duty. In a press release dated Wednesday, April 28, the studio confirmed reports that Bill Condon is tapped to serve behind the lens for the final "Twilight" film.
"I'm very excited to get the chance to bring the climax of this saga to life on-screen," says Condon in the statement. "As fans of the series know, this is a one-of-a-kind book - and we're hoping to create an equally unique cinematic experience."
Stephenie Meyer, the author of "Twilight Saga" novels is also looking forward to working on the project with the "Dreamgirls" helmer, stating "I'm so thrilled that Bill wants to work with us. I think he's going to be a great fit, and I'm excited to see what he does with the material."
After hiring Condon for "Breaking Dawn", Summit has another important decision to make for the movie, which is to split it into two parts or not. There are also talks about making it in 3-D, but the studio has not addressed the issue yet.
"Breaking Dawn" will continue the love story between mortal beauty Bella Swan and her vampire lover Edward Cullen. Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and other depicters of major characters are expected to return to the latest installment of the drama series, which is scheduled for 2012 release.
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video