It's Official: Summit Chose Bill Condon to Direct 'Breaking Dawn'
Summit Entertainment has made a progress on the development of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" by officially announcing who will take the directing duty. In a press release dated Wednesday, April 28, the studio confirmed reports that Bill Condon is tapped to serve behind the lens for the final "Twilight" film.
"I'm very excited to get the chance to bring the climax of this saga to life on-screen," says Condon in the statement. "As fans of the series know, this is a one-of-a-kind book - and we're hoping to create an equally unique cinematic experience."
Stephenie Meyer, the author of "Twilight Saga" novels is also looking forward to working on the project with the "Dreamgirls" helmer, stating "I'm so thrilled that Bill wants to work with us. I think he's going to be a great fit, and I'm excited to see what he does with the material."
After hiring Condon for "Breaking Dawn", Summit has another important decision to make for the movie, which is to split it into two parts or not. There are also talks about making it in 3-D, but the studio has not addressed the issue yet.
"Breaking Dawn" will continue the love story between mortal beauty Bella Swan and her vampire lover Edward Cullen. Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and other depicters of major characters are expected to return to the latest installment of the drama series, which is scheduled for 2012 release.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?