Siobhan Magnus Axed From 'American Idol'
"American Idol" reveals a shocking result this week with the elimination of Siobhan Magnus. The 20-year-old from Cape Cod, Massachusetts was never in the bottom three before but her rendition of Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine" became her stumbling block.
Siobhan was in the bottom three with Michael Lynche and Casey James. But the former was sent to the safe zone first, leaving the battle between Casey and Siobhan. Crystal Bowersox looked devastated as the only remaining woman beside her left. Siobhan's departure also means Simon Cowell's prediction that a woman will win the competition this season is slimmer.
The result show was pretty star-studded with the performances by Rascal Flatts who performed both solo and a duet with Shakira, Lady Antebellum and Sons of Sylvia. Carrie Underwood made an appearance on stage to introduce Sons of Sylvia while Antonio Banderas and Cameron Diaz promoted their latest film "Shrek Forever After" by joining host Ryan Seacrest to read the result.
In the middle of the show, Ryan announced that next week's theme will be the songs of Frank Sinatra and the mentor would be Harry Connick Jr..
More American Idol News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia