Siobhan Magnus Axed From 'American Idol'
"American Idol" reveals a shocking result this week with the elimination of Siobhan Magnus. The 20-year-old from Cape Cod, Massachusetts was never in the bottom three before but her rendition of Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine" became her stumbling block.
Siobhan was in the bottom three with Michael Lynche and Casey James. But the former was sent to the safe zone first, leaving the battle between Casey and Siobhan. Crystal Bowersox looked devastated as the only remaining woman beside her left. Siobhan's departure also means Simon Cowell's prediction that a woman will win the competition this season is slimmer.
The result show was pretty star-studded with the performances by Rascal Flatts who performed both solo and a duet with Shakira, Lady Antebellum and Sons of Sylvia. Carrie Underwood made an appearance on stage to introduce Sons of Sylvia while Antonio Banderas and Cameron Diaz promoted their latest film "Shrek Forever After" by joining host Ryan Seacrest to read the result.
In the middle of the show, Ryan announced that next week's theme will be the songs of Frank Sinatra and the mentor would be Harry Connick Jr..
More American Idol News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'