Siobhan Magnus Axed From 'American Idol'
"American Idol" reveals a shocking result this week with the elimination of Siobhan Magnus. The 20-year-old from Cape Cod, Massachusetts was never in the bottom three before but her rendition of Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine" became her stumbling block.
Siobhan was in the bottom three with Michael Lynche and Casey James. But the former was sent to the safe zone first, leaving the battle between Casey and Siobhan. Crystal Bowersox looked devastated as the only remaining woman beside her left. Siobhan's departure also means Simon Cowell's prediction that a woman will win the competition this season is slimmer.
The result show was pretty star-studded with the performances by Rascal Flatts who performed both solo and a duet with Shakira, Lady Antebellum and Sons of Sylvia. Carrie Underwood made an appearance on stage to introduce Sons of Sylvia while Antonio Banderas and Cameron Diaz promoted their latest film "Shrek Forever After" by joining host Ryan Seacrest to read the result.
In the middle of the show, Ryan announced that next week's theme will be the songs of Frank Sinatra and the mentor would be Harry Connick Jr..
More American Idol News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo