Exclusive Interview: Jason Derulo Talks Debut Album, Tour and Acting
Jason Derulo's soothing voice combined with his ability in writing hit singles has made him successfully cracking the chart as a singer and proving himself as a multi-talented artist. He has penned songs since he was just eight years old, being inspired by "crush" that he had as a kid and other stuffs he heard on radio.
The 20-year-old singer/songwriter already released two singles "In My Head" and "Whatcha Say" and both of them are chart-busting songs with the latter ruling Billboard Hot 100. In an exclusive interview with AceShowbiz, he opened up about his inspiration in writing such hit singles, "Life. I mean Life itself. My songs are either based on my life ... or people round me." Thus, he described the album in which the two tracks appear as a definition of who he is today. "Can't wait to see who I am tomorrow," he added.
Jason's debut album is a self-titled one "Jason Derulo" and it has been made available for purchase across the United States since March 2. An "extravaganza" tour is already planned to promote the record. "It's very very high energy like a lot of dancing, very very sexy and .. it's great," he said.
Beside music, Jason also has passion in acting, saying "Acting is definitely something that I love beside my passion in music. I have a bunch of scripts on my desk." On which actor he loves, he mentioned only one name, Will Smith. "He's been able to pick totally different roles, I don't want just one kind of role ... I think that what makes a real actor."
Before his massive solo tour is announced, fans can expect the video premiere of "Ridin' Solo" which rehearsal was done right before this interview. "It's basically a celebration of life but there is a lot of twist, there is a lot of dancing in it, it's gonna be high energy. It's a celebration of being single," he said about the concept.
More Jason Derulo News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story