Exclusive Interview: Jason Derulo Talks Debut Album, Tour and Acting
Jason Derulo's soothing voice combined with his ability in writing hit singles has made him successfully cracking the chart as a singer and proving himself as a multi-talented artist. He has penned songs since he was just eight years old, being inspired by "crush" that he had as a kid and other stuffs he heard on radio.
The 20-year-old singer/songwriter already released two singles "In My Head" and "Whatcha Say" and both of them are chart-busting songs with the latter ruling Billboard Hot 100. In an exclusive interview with AceShowbiz, he opened up about his inspiration in writing such hit singles, "Life. I mean Life itself. My songs are either based on my life ... or people round me." Thus, he described the album in which the two tracks appear as a definition of who he is today. "Can't wait to see who I am tomorrow," he added.
Jason's debut album is a self-titled one "Jason Derulo" and it has been made available for purchase across the United States since March 2. An "extravaganza" tour is already planned to promote the record. "It's very very high energy like a lot of dancing, very very sexy and .. it's great," he said.
Beside music, Jason also has passion in acting, saying "Acting is definitely something that I love beside my passion in music. I have a bunch of scripts on my desk." On which actor he loves, he mentioned only one name, Will Smith. "He's been able to pick totally different roles, I don't want just one kind of role ... I think that what makes a real actor."
Before his massive solo tour is announced, fans can expect the video premiere of "Ridin' Solo" which rehearsal was done right before this interview. "It's basically a celebration of life but there is a lot of twist, there is a lot of dancing in it, it's gonna be high energy. It's a celebration of being single," he said about the concept.
More Jason Derulo News
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day