'American Idol' Top 6: Yes to Michael Lynche, No to Crystal Bowersox
Shania Twain was both the mentor and the theme this week on "American Idol". Her hits from "You're Still the One" to "No One Needs to Know" were brought on stage by the Top 6. And Michael Lynche successfully squeezed out tears from the country singer who sat among the audience during the performance night.
Lynche was the second performer of the night, singing "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing". During the rehearsal, Shania said she was moved by the way Mike sang it and by the time Mike performed it on stage, Shania shed a tear while clapping. Ellen DeGeneres compared Mike to Luther Vandross while Simon Cowell said, "It was a little bit girly for you."
The judges generally gave good feedbacks to the other five contestants, calling Aaron Kelly's "You've Got a Way" and Casey James' "Don't" as one of their solid performances. But they were not so kind to Crystal Bowersox who was lauded last week. "Shocker, we don't like Crystal this week," Simon Cowell commented on her "No One Needs to Know". He added, "It was limp".
Lee Dewyze meanwhile was deemed finding the sweet spot in "You're Still the One". Siobhan Magnus who closed the show was also given the applaud although Simon said the screaming at the end was unnecessary, comparing it to woman in labor.
The result show on Wednesday, April 28 will present performances by Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Sons of Sylvia and Shakira.
- Michael Lynche
More American Idol News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik