'American Idol' Top 6: Yes to Michael Lynche, No to Crystal Bowersox
Shania Twain was both the mentor and the theme this week on "American Idol". Her hits from "You're Still the One" to "No One Needs to Know" were brought on stage by the Top 6. And Michael Lynche successfully squeezed out tears from the country singer who sat among the audience during the performance night.
Lynche was the second performer of the night, singing "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing". During the rehearsal, Shania said she was moved by the way Mike sang it and by the time Mike performed it on stage, Shania shed a tear while clapping. Ellen DeGeneres compared Mike to Luther Vandross while Simon Cowell said, "It was a little bit girly for you."
The judges generally gave good feedbacks to the other five contestants, calling Aaron Kelly's "You've Got a Way" and Casey James' "Don't" as one of their solid performances. But they were not so kind to Crystal Bowersox who was lauded last week. "Shocker, we don't like Crystal this week," Simon Cowell commented on her "No One Needs to Know". He added, "It was limp".
Lee Dewyze meanwhile was deemed finding the sweet spot in "You're Still the One". Siobhan Magnus who closed the show was also given the applaud although Simon said the screaming at the end was unnecessary, comparing it to woman in labor.
The result show on Wednesday, April 28 will present performances by Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Sons of Sylvia and Shakira.
- Michael Lynche
- Crystal Bowersox
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight