Bret Michaels Speaks to Father, Test Results Show Side Effects
Bret Michaels who is still in critical condition following his April 23 intensive care treatment for brain hemorrhage has slightly relieved his father as he is able to talk. "The fact that he was talking to me, and giving me information, I thought that was great," Wally Sychak said about his son.
Wally who spoke to Bret on the phone said the singer "sounded a little slow, but fine." Wally then added, "He was talking, not as cheerful as he usually is. But I guess he is under sedation. But he understood what he was saying and knew me. Everything seemed good that way."
The father of the former Poison's member also got information that his son has started to move his limbs again. "They say he's moving his arms and hands. The best as they could expect at this time," he told Extra.
Later, new test results on Bret have been released, showing that he is at risk of seizure as he recovers from the brain hemorrhage. His rep explains through a statement that the 47-year-old star suffers a side effect called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body, which leads to seizures.
The rep also stated on Tuesday, April 26 that the discovery is called a "minor setback" by the doctors and they are "hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months." So far, Bret is "in positive spirits" and "responding well to tests and treatments," the rep added.
The medical staff has not determined what caused the bleeding at the base of his brain stem. More specific information about Bret's condition is planned to be released on Monday, May 3, Us Magazine reported.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding