Bret Michaels Speaks to Father, Test Results Show Side Effects
Bret Michaels who is still in critical condition following his April 23 intensive care treatment for brain hemorrhage has slightly relieved his father as he is able to talk. "The fact that he was talking to me, and giving me information, I thought that was great," Wally Sychak said about his son.
Wally who spoke to Bret on the phone said the singer "sounded a little slow, but fine." Wally then added, "He was talking, not as cheerful as he usually is. But I guess he is under sedation. But he understood what he was saying and knew me. Everything seemed good that way."
The father of the former Poison's member also got information that his son has started to move his limbs again. "They say he's moving his arms and hands. The best as they could expect at this time," he told Extra.
Later, new test results on Bret have been released, showing that he is at risk of seizure as he recovers from the brain hemorrhage. His rep explains through a statement that the 47-year-old star suffers a side effect called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body, which leads to seizures.
The rep also stated on Tuesday, April 26 that the discovery is called a "minor setback" by the doctors and they are "hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months." So far, Bret is "in positive spirits" and "responding well to tests and treatments," the rep added.
The medical staff has not determined what caused the bleeding at the base of his brain stem. More specific information about Bret's condition is planned to be released on Monday, May 3, Us Magazine reported.
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker
- Nicole Kidman, Steve Carell and Amy Schumer Will Star in 'She Came to Me'