Adam Lambert Says No to Judging 'American Idol'
Adam Lambert is not taking Simon Cowell's job. The "American Idol" alum has cleared up reports that say he's going to replace Simon as a judge on the singing competition show, branding the reports as "rumor".
In a live web chat with MySpace Music, Lambert said, "I keep hearing the rumor too, unfortunately it's just a rumor. I would be honored to be asked." And then he added, "but I think at this point I'm just focusing on my career as a recording artist."
The talk about Lambert being a judge began when he was invited to be a mentor in Elvis week this season. His honesty in giving opinions for the contestants leads to speculation that he was included in the "possible" list of candidates.
"Idol" is one month away from wrapping up the ninth season but FOX has not announced a replacement for Cowell who will depart from the show to concentrate on the U.S. version of "The X Factor".
More Adam Lambert News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!