Adam Lambert Says No to Judging 'American Idol'
Adam Lambert is not taking Simon Cowell's job. The "American Idol" alum has cleared up reports that say he's going to replace Simon as a judge on the singing competition show, branding the reports as "rumor".
In a live web chat with MySpace Music, Lambert said, "I keep hearing the rumor too, unfortunately it's just a rumor. I would be honored to be asked." And then he added, "but I think at this point I'm just focusing on my career as a recording artist."
The talk about Lambert being a judge began when he was invited to be a mentor in Elvis week this season. His honesty in giving opinions for the contestants leads to speculation that he was included in the "possible" list of candidates.
"Idol" is one month away from wrapping up the ninth season but FOX has not announced a replacement for Cowell who will depart from the show to concentrate on the U.S. version of "The X Factor".
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'