Adam Lambert Says No to Judging 'American Idol'
Adam Lambert is not taking Simon Cowell's job. The "American Idol" alum has cleared up reports that say he's going to replace Simon as a judge on the singing competition show, branding the reports as "rumor".
In a live web chat with MySpace Music, Lambert said, "I keep hearing the rumor too, unfortunately it's just a rumor. I would be honored to be asked." And then he added, "but I think at this point I'm just focusing on my career as a recording artist."
The talk about Lambert being a judge began when he was invited to be a mentor in Elvis week this season. His honesty in giving opinions for the contestants leads to speculation that he was included in the "possible" list of candidates.
"Idol" is one month away from wrapping up the ninth season but FOX has not announced a replacement for Cowell who will depart from the show to concentrate on the U.S. version of "The X Factor".
More Adam Lambert News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered