Adam Lambert Says No to Judging 'American Idol'
Adam Lambert is not taking Simon Cowell's job. The "American Idol" alum has cleared up reports that say he's going to replace Simon as a judge on the singing competition show, branding the reports as "rumor".
In a live web chat with MySpace Music, Lambert said, "I keep hearing the rumor too, unfortunately it's just a rumor. I would be honored to be asked." And then he added, "but I think at this point I'm just focusing on my career as a recording artist."
The talk about Lambert being a judge began when he was invited to be a mentor in Elvis week this season. His honesty in giving opinions for the contestants leads to speculation that he was included in the "possible" list of candidates.
"Idol" is one month away from wrapping up the ninth season but FOX has not announced a replacement for Cowell who will depart from the show to concentrate on the U.S. version of "The X Factor".
More Adam Lambert News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard