Adam Lambert Says No to Judging 'American Idol'
Adam Lambert is not taking Simon Cowell's job. The "American Idol" alum has cleared up reports that say he's going to replace Simon as a judge on the singing competition show, branding the reports as "rumor".
In a live web chat with MySpace Music, Lambert said, "I keep hearing the rumor too, unfortunately it's just a rumor. I would be honored to be asked." And then he added, "but I think at this point I'm just focusing on my career as a recording artist."
The talk about Lambert being a judge began when he was invited to be a mentor in Elvis week this season. His honesty in giving opinions for the contestants leads to speculation that he was included in the "possible" list of candidates.
"Idol" is one month away from wrapping up the ninth season but FOX has not announced a replacement for Cowell who will depart from the show to concentrate on the U.S. version of "The X Factor".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says