Dr. Gordon From First 'Saw' Makes a Return in 'Saw VII'
The man who helped making "Saw" a popular franchise in the first place will return to the latest installment of the horror series. Cary Elwes will reprise his role as Dr. Lawrence Gordon, the character which fans remember as the one who succumbed to Jigsaw's puzzle by sawing his own leg.
The casting has been made official by New Lionsgate which is releasing the list of cast for "Saw VII". Elwes previously was suing his own management firm, which produced "Saw", for breach of contract and unjust enrichment. His return was anticipated and speculated in the past sequels to "Saw" but never confirmed like this.
"Saw VII" will also see the return of Tobin Bell, Costas Mandylor, and Betsy Russell. The newcomers are Laurence Anthony, Gina Holden, Chad Donella, Naomi Snieckus, and Sean Patrick Flanery.
The official synopsis which is released along with the casting says, "As a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw's brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help guru and fellow survivor Bobby Dagen, a man whose own dark secrets unleash a new wave of terror..." Playing Dagen is Flanery.
Directed by Kevin Greutert and presented in 3-D for the first time, the movie will be in U.S. theaters on October 22.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story