Dr. Gordon From First 'Saw' Makes a Return in 'Saw VII'
The man who helped making "Saw" a popular franchise in the first place will return to the latest installment of the horror series. Cary Elwes will reprise his role as Dr. Lawrence Gordon, the character which fans remember as the one who succumbed to Jigsaw's puzzle by sawing his own leg.
The casting has been made official by New Lionsgate which is releasing the list of cast for "Saw VII". Elwes previously was suing his own management firm, which produced "Saw", for breach of contract and unjust enrichment. His return was anticipated and speculated in the past sequels to "Saw" but never confirmed like this.
"Saw VII" will also see the return of Tobin Bell, Costas Mandylor, and Betsy Russell. The newcomers are Laurence Anthony, Gina Holden, Chad Donella, Naomi Snieckus, and Sean Patrick Flanery.
The official synopsis which is released along with the casting says, "As a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw's brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help guru and fellow survivor Bobby Dagen, a man whose own dark secrets unleash a new wave of terror..." Playing Dagen is Flanery.
Directed by Kevin Greutert and presented in 3-D for the first time, the movie will be in U.S. theaters on October 22.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test