Department of Labor Approves 'Kate Plus 8'
It's a perfect timing for Kate Gosselin whose eight children have been granted 'working permit'. The mother of eight was eliminated from "Dancing with the Stars" last week and now she gets to go on with her new reality show with TLC, "Kate Plus 8".
Local Department of Labor says Kate's sextuplet and twin girls are cleared to continue their careers on TV. Per TMZ, a rep for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Labor and Industry said the correct paperwork for the show was submitted and approved. "The proper steps have been taken and the kids are permitted for 'Kate Plus 8'," the rep said.
The decision was made following an allegation from Kate's brother who said the kids had no privacy when taping "Jon & Kate Plus 8". But TLC, backed up by Kate's ex Jon Gosselin, said the accusation was "inaccurate". The department of labor won't sue the producers but asked them to get a permit.
Although "Kate Plus 8" is given a green light, TLC may still have to work on a permit for another show "Twist of Kate". The new reality show follows Kate as she travels around the country to find out how other people juggle work, family and all the other challenges life throws at them.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics