Department of Labor Approves 'Kate Plus 8'
It's a perfect timing for Kate Gosselin whose eight children have been granted 'working permit'. The mother of eight was eliminated from "Dancing with the Stars" last week and now she gets to go on with her new reality show with TLC, "Kate Plus 8".
Local Department of Labor says Kate's sextuplet and twin girls are cleared to continue their careers on TV. Per TMZ, a rep for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Labor and Industry said the correct paperwork for the show was submitted and approved. "The proper steps have been taken and the kids are permitted for 'Kate Plus 8'," the rep said.
The decision was made following an allegation from Kate's brother who said the kids had no privacy when taping "Jon & Kate Plus 8". But TLC, backed up by Kate's ex Jon Gosselin, said the accusation was "inaccurate". The department of labor won't sue the producers but asked them to get a permit.
Although "Kate Plus 8" is given a green light, TLC may still have to work on a permit for another show "Twist of Kate". The new reality show follows Kate as she travels around the country to find out how other people juggle work, family and all the other challenges life throws at them.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards