Department of Labor Approves 'Kate Plus 8'
It's a perfect timing for Kate Gosselin whose eight children have been granted 'working permit'. The mother of eight was eliminated from "Dancing with the Stars" last week and now she gets to go on with her new reality show with TLC, "Kate Plus 8".
Local Department of Labor says Kate's sextuplet and twin girls are cleared to continue their careers on TV. Per TMZ, a rep for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Labor and Industry said the correct paperwork for the show was submitted and approved. "The proper steps have been taken and the kids are permitted for 'Kate Plus 8'," the rep said.
The decision was made following an allegation from Kate's brother who said the kids had no privacy when taping "Jon & Kate Plus 8". But TLC, backed up by Kate's ex Jon Gosselin, said the accusation was "inaccurate". The department of labor won't sue the producers but asked them to get a permit.
Although "Kate Plus 8" is given a green light, TLC may still have to work on a permit for another show "Twist of Kate". The new reality show follows Kate as she travels around the country to find out how other people juggle work, family and all the other challenges life throws at them.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance