Department of Labor Approves 'Kate Plus 8'
It's a perfect timing for Kate Gosselin whose eight children have been granted 'working permit'. The mother of eight was eliminated from "Dancing with the Stars" last week and now she gets to go on with her new reality show with TLC, "Kate Plus 8".
Local Department of Labor says Kate's sextuplet and twin girls are cleared to continue their careers on TV. Per TMZ, a rep for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Labor and Industry said the correct paperwork for the show was submitted and approved. "The proper steps have been taken and the kids are permitted for 'Kate Plus 8'," the rep said.
The decision was made following an allegation from Kate's brother who said the kids had no privacy when taping "Jon & Kate Plus 8". But TLC, backed up by Kate's ex Jon Gosselin, said the accusation was "inaccurate". The department of labor won't sue the producers but asked them to get a permit.
Although "Kate Plus 8" is given a green light, TLC may still have to work on a permit for another show "Twist of Kate". The new reality show follows Kate as she travels around the country to find out how other people juggle work, family and all the other challenges life throws at them.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger