John Mayer Considers to Quit Twitter
John Mayer could follow the footsteps of Miley Cyrus. The rocker, who previously admitted he understands why the teen star deleted her Twitter account, has said that he lately considers to say goodbye to the micro-blogging site.
"Every night for the last two weeks, I think about canceling Twitter. It's over," he stated during keynote Q&A at the ASCAP Expo in Los Angeles on Thursday, April 22. He then added, "The only positive thing on Twitter is saying 'Thank you' and directing [followers] to something cool and important."
While he did not explain specifically why he would quit Twitter, he did hint that negative responses addressed to him has affected his mind. "Why do I want more haters? If someone had told me when I signed up I'd get half a million haters ... It's all about the approval," he claimed.
However, John apparently has not taken serious action related to his latest statement. His Twitter page is still accessible as of the press time though it seems that he has not updated it since Tuesday, April 20.
More John Mayer News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital