John Mayer Considers to Quit Twitter
John Mayer could follow the footsteps of Miley Cyrus. The rocker, who previously admitted he understands why the teen star deleted her Twitter account, has said that he lately considers to say goodbye to the micro-blogging site.
"Every night for the last two weeks, I think about canceling Twitter. It's over," he stated during keynote Q&A at the ASCAP Expo in Los Angeles on Thursday, April 22. He then added, "The only positive thing on Twitter is saying 'Thank you' and directing [followers] to something cool and important."
While he did not explain specifically why he would quit Twitter, he did hint that negative responses addressed to him has affected his mind. "Why do I want more haters? If someone had told me when I signed up I'd get half a million haters ... It's all about the approval," he claimed.
However, John apparently has not taken serious action related to his latest statement. His Twitter page is still accessible as of the press time though it seems that he has not updated it since Tuesday, April 20.
More John Mayer News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie