John Mayer Considers to Quit Twitter
John Mayer could follow the footsteps of Miley Cyrus. The rocker, who previously admitted he understands why the teen star deleted her Twitter account, has said that he lately considers to say goodbye to the micro-blogging site.
"Every night for the last two weeks, I think about canceling Twitter. It's over," he stated during keynote Q&A at the ASCAP Expo in Los Angeles on Thursday, April 22. He then added, "The only positive thing on Twitter is saying 'Thank you' and directing [followers] to something cool and important."
While he did not explain specifically why he would quit Twitter, he did hint that negative responses addressed to him has affected his mind. "Why do I want more haters? If someone had told me when I signed up I'd get half a million haters ... It's all about the approval," he claimed.
However, John apparently has not taken serious action related to his latest statement. His Twitter page is still accessible as of the press time though it seems that he has not updated it since Tuesday, April 20.
More John Mayer News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed