John Mayer Considers to Quit Twitter
John Mayer could follow the footsteps of Miley Cyrus. The rocker, who previously admitted he understands why the teen star deleted her Twitter account, has said that he lately considers to say goodbye to the micro-blogging site.
"Every night for the last two weeks, I think about canceling Twitter. It's over," he stated during keynote Q&A at the ASCAP Expo in Los Angeles on Thursday, April 22. He then added, "The only positive thing on Twitter is saying 'Thank you' and directing [followers] to something cool and important."
While he did not explain specifically why he would quit Twitter, he did hint that negative responses addressed to him has affected his mind. "Why do I want more haters? If someone had told me when I signed up I'd get half a million haters ... It's all about the approval," he claimed.
However, John apparently has not taken serious action related to his latest statement. His Twitter page is still accessible as of the press time though it seems that he has not updated it since Tuesday, April 20.
More John Mayer News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed