John Mayer Considers to Quit Twitter
John Mayer could follow the footsteps of Miley Cyrus. The rocker, who previously admitted he understands why the teen star deleted her Twitter account, has said that he lately considers to say goodbye to the micro-blogging site.
"Every night for the last two weeks, I think about canceling Twitter. It's over," he stated during keynote Q&A at the ASCAP Expo in Los Angeles on Thursday, April 22. He then added, "The only positive thing on Twitter is saying 'Thank you' and directing [followers] to something cool and important."
While he did not explain specifically why he would quit Twitter, he did hint that negative responses addressed to him has affected his mind. "Why do I want more haters? If someone had told me when I signed up I'd get half a million haters ... It's all about the approval," he claimed.
However, John apparently has not taken serious action related to his latest statement. His Twitter page is still accessible as of the press time though it seems that he has not updated it since Tuesday, April 20.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group