Bret Michaels 'Awake' and 'Talking' After Admitted to ICU
Bret Michaels was admitted to ICU late Thursday, April 23 and his publicist issued a statement the next day saying the former Poison singer was in "critical" condition. While fans are looking for an update about his latest condition, Bret's friend and fellow "Rock of Love" star Ambre Lake offered a breath of relief, saying Bret is already "stabilized".
Per TMZ Ambre said the singer who was diagnosed with brain hemorrhage is "awake, in good spirits and talking" as of Friday evening. Another "Rock of Love" contestant whose identity is not revealed also sounded similar update after contacting other members of Poison.
Bret's publicist said the singer was having an excruciating headache on Thursday night and was rushed to hospital immediately. Doctors found there's a bleeding at the base of his brain stem. "After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause [of the hemorrhage]," a source told People. "[It] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation."
24 and 48 hours since Bret was admitted to the hospital are said to be critical.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner