'The Green Hornet' Pushed Back for 3-D Treatment, 'Monsters, Inc. 2' Sets Release Date
"The Green Hornet" is not going to hit theaters in 2010. After going through several changes in the release date and ending up as a flick which is set for Christmas holiday, the movie is once again pushed back.
Previously slated for December 22 U.S. release, the film now secures Martin Luther King weekend slot, which is January 14, 2011. This time, the delay is needed because Sony Pictures Entertainment wants to give 3-D treatment to enhance the film, Deadline Hollywood reports.
In contrary, a quite relieving news comes from "Monsters, Inc. 2". The upcoming animation, which was recently suggested not in production, is plotted to arrive in the U.S. November 16, 2012, Box Office Mojo mentions.
"The Green Hornet" is an adaptation of WXYZ's radio show created by George W. Trendle and Fran Striker. It centers on Britt Reid, a newspaper publisher by day and masked vigilante Green Hornet by night, and his adventures in fighting crimes. Seth Rogen leads, with Cameron Diaz and Jay Chou co-starring.
"Monsters, Inc. 2", meanwhile, will be a follow-up to Pixar's 2001 successful feature film "Monsters, Inc." which pulled in over $525.4 million worldwide. Plan to develop the sequel was first hinted by director Peter Docter who said at 2008 San Diego Comic Con that filmmakers have already had ideas for the movie.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day