'The Green Hornet' Pushed Back for 3-D Treatment, 'Monsters, Inc. 2' Sets Release Date
"The Green Hornet" is not going to hit theaters in 2010. After going through several changes in the release date and ending up as a flick which is set for Christmas holiday, the movie is once again pushed back.
Previously slated for December 22 U.S. release, the film now secures Martin Luther King weekend slot, which is January 14, 2011. This time, the delay is needed because Sony Pictures Entertainment wants to give 3-D treatment to enhance the film, Deadline Hollywood reports.
In contrary, a quite relieving news comes from "Monsters, Inc. 2". The upcoming animation, which was recently suggested not in production, is plotted to arrive in the U.S. November 16, 2012, Box Office Mojo mentions.
"The Green Hornet" is an adaptation of WXYZ's radio show created by George W. Trendle and Fran Striker. It centers on Britt Reid, a newspaper publisher by day and masked vigilante Green Hornet by night, and his adventures in fighting crimes. Seth Rogen leads, with Cameron Diaz and Jay Chou co-starring.
"Monsters, Inc. 2", meanwhile, will be a follow-up to Pixar's 2001 successful feature film "Monsters, Inc." which pulled in over $525.4 million worldwide. Plan to develop the sequel was first hinted by director Peter Docter who said at 2008 San Diego Comic Con that filmmakers have already had ideas for the movie.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group