Producer Says 'Friday the 13th' Sequel Has a Dead Fate
Prepare to be disappointed, "Friday the 13th" sequel is likely not going to happen. Despite previous reports on the development of "Friday the 13th Part 2", the project is reportedly dead.
The sad news was first brought into attention by Shock Till You Drop. The site noticed that producer Bradley Fuller replied "it is dead- not happening," when a fan asked through Twitter, "Hows the F13 sequel coming along?"
New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. previously seemed moving forward with "Friday the 13th Part 2" as they eyed summer 2010 release for the film. They even had set an exact release date for the movie, planning to drop it in U.S. theaters on October 1 this year. Damian Shannon and Mark Swift who wrote the script for the first movie have also been hired to provide the screenplay for the upcoming film.
"Friday the 13th" chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. Starring Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti as the leading actors, the movie grossed nearly $100 million worldwide since it was debuted on February 13, 2009.
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares