Producer Says 'Friday the 13th' Sequel Has a Dead Fate
Prepare to be disappointed, "Friday the 13th" sequel is likely not going to happen. Despite previous reports on the development of "Friday the 13th Part 2", the project is reportedly dead.
The sad news was first brought into attention by Shock Till You Drop. The site noticed that producer Bradley Fuller replied "it is dead- not happening," when a fan asked through Twitter, "Hows the F13 sequel coming along?"
New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. previously seemed moving forward with "Friday the 13th Part 2" as they eyed summer 2010 release for the film. They even had set an exact release date for the movie, planning to drop it in U.S. theaters on October 1 this year. Damian Shannon and Mark Swift who wrote the script for the first movie have also been hired to provide the screenplay for the upcoming film.
"Friday the 13th" chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. Starring Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti as the leading actors, the movie grossed nearly $100 million worldwide since it was debuted on February 13, 2009.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama