Producer Says 'Friday the 13th' Sequel Has a Dead Fate
Prepare to be disappointed, "Friday the 13th" sequel is likely not going to happen. Despite previous reports on the development of "Friday the 13th Part 2", the project is reportedly dead.
The sad news was first brought into attention by Shock Till You Drop. The site noticed that producer Bradley Fuller replied "it is dead- not happening," when a fan asked through Twitter, "Hows the F13 sequel coming along?"
New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. previously seemed moving forward with "Friday the 13th Part 2" as they eyed summer 2010 release for the film. They even had set an exact release date for the movie, planning to drop it in U.S. theaters on October 1 this year. Damian Shannon and Mark Swift who wrote the script for the first movie have also been hired to provide the screenplay for the upcoming film.
"Friday the 13th" chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. Starring Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti as the leading actors, the movie grossed nearly $100 million worldwide since it was debuted on February 13, 2009.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says