Producer Says 'Friday the 13th' Sequel Has a Dead Fate
Prepare to be disappointed, "Friday the 13th" sequel is likely not going to happen. Despite previous reports on the development of "Friday the 13th Part 2", the project is reportedly dead.
The sad news was first brought into attention by Shock Till You Drop. The site noticed that producer Bradley Fuller replied "it is dead- not happening," when a fan asked through Twitter, "Hows the F13 sequel coming along?"
New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. previously seemed moving forward with "Friday the 13th Part 2" as they eyed summer 2010 release for the film. They even had set an exact release date for the movie, planning to drop it in U.S. theaters on October 1 this year. Damian Shannon and Mark Swift who wrote the script for the first movie have also been hired to provide the screenplay for the upcoming film.
"Friday the 13th" chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. Starring Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti as the leading actors, the movie grossed nearly $100 million worldwide since it was debuted on February 13, 2009.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake