January 21, 2017  

Producer Says 'Friday the 13th' Sequel Has a Dead Fate

April 22, 2010 (9:16 am) GMT
'It is dead- not happening,' Bradley Fuller tweeted when a fan asked about the progress of 'Friday the 13th Part 2'.
Producer Says 'Friday the 13th' Sequel Has a Dead Fate

Prepare to be disappointed, "" sequel is likely not going to happen. Despite previous reports on the development of "Friday the 13th Part 2", the project is reportedly dead.

The sad news was first brought into attention by Shock Till You Drop. The site noticed that producer Bradley Fuller replied "it is dead- not happening," when a fan asked through Twitter, "Hows the F13 sequel coming along?"

New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. previously seemed moving forward with "Friday the 13th Part 2" as they eyed summer 2010 release for the film. They even had set an exact release date for the movie, planning to drop it in U.S. theaters on October 1 this year. Damian Shannon and Mark Swift who wrote the script for the first movie have also been hired to provide the screenplay for the upcoming film.

"Friday the 13th" chronicles the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. Starring Derek Mears, and as the leading actors, the movie grossed nearly $100 million worldwide since it was debuted on February 13, 2009.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
  2. James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
  3. Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
  4. The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
  5. 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
  6. Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
  7. Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
  8. James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie