Christina Aguilera Denies 'Ripping Off' Lady GaGa
Christina Aguilera answers Akon's claim that she copied Lady GaGa. In an interview with Atlanta's Star 94 FM as part of her "Bionic" promotion, she sets the record straight, saying "No rip-offs, we're all inspired by different things."
"I was inspired ... by artists that came before me. ... You know what I love about the new breed of newcomers is that they're risk takers," she explained more. "They're doing things that aren't so safe. ... I always had the guts and passion to do things like that. ... I'm happy to see that people have come full-circle and are now accepting it and are into it and these girls have the guts to do it."
In another radio interview, the singer stated, "It just comes with the territory. That, in particular, is not even worth wasting the breath to comment on." She added, "I've been around for over a decade and I think my work speaks for myself. [When I was younger] I would have engaged, been a little upset [about the comparisons]. There's a bigger picture out there. I've got my son, my family, my work."
Christina Aguilera is due to release "Bionic" in the U.S. on June 8.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest