Christina Aguilera Denies 'Ripping Off' Lady GaGa
Christina Aguilera answers Akon's claim that she copied Lady GaGa. In an interview with Atlanta's Star 94 FM as part of her "Bionic" promotion, she sets the record straight, saying "No rip-offs, we're all inspired by different things."
"I was inspired ... by artists that came before me. ... You know what I love about the new breed of newcomers is that they're risk takers," she explained more. "They're doing things that aren't so safe. ... I always had the guts and passion to do things like that. ... I'm happy to see that people have come full-circle and are now accepting it and are into it and these girls have the guts to do it."
In another radio interview, the singer stated, "It just comes with the territory. That, in particular, is not even worth wasting the breath to comment on." She added, "I've been around for over a decade and I think my work speaks for myself. [When I was younger] I would have engaged, been a little upset [about the comparisons]. There's a bigger picture out there. I've got my son, my family, my work."
Christina Aguilera is due to release "Bionic" in the U.S. on June 8.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack