Idol Gives Back: Carrie Underwood and Elton John's Performances
From Pasadena Civic Arena, "Idol Gives Back" host Queen Latifah along with her "Just Wright" co-star Common presents a performance from Carrie Underwood. The "American Idol" alum delivers "Change".
Prior to Carrie's performance, George Lopez appears in front of audience, taking over Ryan Seacrest's duty to announce the first round of the evening's result. He talked about considering to audition to replace Simon Cowell and then asked the seven contestants to stand up.
Instead of reading who got the lowest vote, he tells them to sit down again and relax, "It's about time that somebody judged the judges for a change." He jokingly critizised Randy Jackson for saying "dawg" a lot. After making jokes to the other two judges; Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres, he announced Simon was supposed to be eliminated and go home to England before adding volcanic ash has saved him.
A group of performers including Mary J. Blige, Randy Jackson and Orianthi share the spotlight to sing a star-studded rendition of "Stairway to Heaven". Closing the benefit concert is Elton John with "Your Song" and a message about safe sex.
More American Idol News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory