Idol Gives Back: Carrie Underwood and Elton John's Performances
From Pasadena Civic Arena, "Idol Gives Back" host Queen Latifah along with her "Just Wright" co-star Common presents a performance from Carrie Underwood. The "American Idol" alum delivers "Change".
Prior to Carrie's performance, George Lopez appears in front of audience, taking over Ryan Seacrest's duty to announce the first round of the evening's result. He talked about considering to audition to replace Simon Cowell and then asked the seven contestants to stand up.
Instead of reading who got the lowest vote, he tells them to sit down again and relax, "It's about time that somebody judged the judges for a change." He jokingly critizised Randy Jackson for saying "dawg" a lot. After making jokes to the other two judges; Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres, he announced Simon was supposed to be eliminated and go home to England before adding volcanic ash has saved him.
A group of performers including Mary J. Blige, Randy Jackson and Orianthi share the spotlight to sing a star-studded rendition of "Stairway to Heaven". Closing the benefit concert is Elton John with "Your Song" and a message about safe sex.
More American Idol News
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight