Idol Gives Back: Carrie Underwood and Elton John's Performances
From Pasadena Civic Arena, "Idol Gives Back" host Queen Latifah along with her "Just Wright" co-star Common presents a performance from Carrie Underwood. The "American Idol" alum delivers "Change".
Prior to Carrie's performance, George Lopez appears in front of audience, taking over Ryan Seacrest's duty to announce the first round of the evening's result. He talked about considering to audition to replace Simon Cowell and then asked the seven contestants to stand up.
Instead of reading who got the lowest vote, he tells them to sit down again and relax, "It's about time that somebody judged the judges for a change." He jokingly critizised Randy Jackson for saying "dawg" a lot. After making jokes to the other two judges; Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres, he announced Simon was supposed to be eliminated and go home to England before adding volcanic ash has saved him.
A group of performers including Mary J. Blige, Randy Jackson and Orianthi share the spotlight to sing a star-studded rendition of "Stairway to Heaven". Closing the benefit concert is Elton John with "Your Song" and a message about safe sex.
All-star performance of "Stairway to Heaven":
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce