Idol Gives Back: Carrie Underwood and Elton John's Performances
From Pasadena Civic Arena, "Idol Gives Back" host Queen Latifah along with her "Just Wright" co-star Common presents a performance from Carrie Underwood. The "American Idol" alum delivers "Change".
Prior to Carrie's performance, George Lopez appears in front of audience, taking over Ryan Seacrest's duty to announce the first round of the evening's result. He talked about considering to audition to replace Simon Cowell and then asked the seven contestants to stand up.
Instead of reading who got the lowest vote, he tells them to sit down again and relax, "It's about time that somebody judged the judges for a change." He jokingly critizised Randy Jackson for saying "dawg" a lot. After making jokes to the other two judges; Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres, he announced Simon was supposed to be eliminated and go home to England before adding volcanic ash has saved him.
A group of performers including Mary J. Blige, Randy Jackson and Orianthi share the spotlight to sing a star-studded rendition of "Stairway to Heaven". Closing the benefit concert is Elton John with "Your Song" and a message about safe sex.
All-star performance of "Stairway to Heaven":
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'