Cameron Diaz and Antonio Banderas Premiere 'Shrek Forever After' at Tribeca
"Shrek Forever After" premiere has kicked off the 9th Annual Tribeca Film Festival. On Wednesday, April 21, the cast for the film gathered at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City to promote this DreamWorks' animation which does not open wide in U.S. theaters until May 21.
Cameron Diaz, who provides the voice for Fiona, hit the green carpet which was set to match the color of main character Shrek. Donning a simple black dress, she was seen posing next to other cast mates, including Antonio Banderas, Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy who all suited up in black outfits.
Director Mike Mitchell and CEO of DreamWorks Animation Jeffrey Katzenberg also showed up at the special screening. Meanwhile, seen among celebrity guests at the event were Kelly Bensimon who brought her daughters, Robert De Niro who was accompanied by wife Grace Hightower, Banderas' wife Melanie Griffith and many others.
"Shrek Forever After" will follow Shrek who ends up as a domesticated family man. Longing for the days when he felt like a "real ogre" and is tricked into signing a pact with the smooth-talking dealmaker, Rumpelstiltskin.
He suddenly finds himself in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumpelstiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it's up to Shrek to undo all he's done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one true love and family.
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry