Cameron Diaz and Antonio Banderas Premiere 'Shrek Forever After' at Tribeca
"Shrek Forever After" premiere has kicked off the 9th Annual Tribeca Film Festival. On Wednesday, April 21, the cast for the film gathered at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City to promote this DreamWorks' animation which does not open wide in U.S. theaters until May 21.
Cameron Diaz, who provides the voice for Fiona, hit the green carpet which was set to match the color of main character Shrek. Donning a simple black dress, she was seen posing next to other cast mates, including Antonio Banderas, Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy who all suited up in black outfits.
Director Mike Mitchell and CEO of DreamWorks Animation Jeffrey Katzenberg also showed up at the special screening. Meanwhile, seen among celebrity guests at the event were Kelly Bensimon who brought her daughters, Robert De Niro who was accompanied by wife Grace Hightower, Banderas' wife Melanie Griffith and many others.
"Shrek Forever After" will follow Shrek who ends up as a domesticated family man. Longing for the days when he felt like a "real ogre" and is tricked into signing a pact with the smooth-talking dealmaker, Rumpelstiltskin.
He suddenly finds himself in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumpelstiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it's up to Shrek to undo all he's done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one true love and family.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture