Cameron Diaz and Antonio Banderas Premiere 'Shrek Forever After' at Tribeca
"Shrek Forever After" premiere has kicked off the 9th Annual Tribeca Film Festival. On Wednesday, April 21, the cast for the film gathered at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City to promote this DreamWorks' animation which does not open wide in U.S. theaters until May 21.
Cameron Diaz, who provides the voice for Fiona, hit the green carpet which was set to match the color of main character Shrek. Donning a simple black dress, she was seen posing next to other cast mates, including Antonio Banderas, Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy who all suited up in black outfits.
Director Mike Mitchell and CEO of DreamWorks Animation Jeffrey Katzenberg also showed up at the special screening. Meanwhile, seen among celebrity guests at the event were Kelly Bensimon who brought her daughters, Robert De Niro who was accompanied by wife Grace Hightower, Banderas' wife Melanie Griffith and many others.
"Shrek Forever After" will follow Shrek who ends up as a domesticated family man. Longing for the days when he felt like a "real ogre" and is tricked into signing a pact with the smooth-talking dealmaker, Rumpelstiltskin.
He suddenly finds himself in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumpelstiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it's up to Shrek to undo all he's done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one true love and family.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young