Heather Locklear Could Face Up to 90 Days in Jail From Hit-and-Run Case
Heather Locklear has added another case to her reckless driving record. The "Melrose Place" star, who is still in probation after allegedly driving under the influence of prescription medication in 2008, was cited on Saturday, April 17 after a resident reported hearing a crash around 4 A.M.
Ventura County Sheriff's Captain Eric Dowd said the call was not made until 7:48 P.M. Police then conducted an investigation that led them to Heather, whom they believe was behind the wheel at the time of the crash.
According to Associated Press, Heather's attorney Blair Berk confirmed the actress was cited as the car's registered owner but said "it is not yet clear who was driving the vehicle." She was released soon after and was not taken into custody because the offense is a misdemeanor. She is scheduled to attend a court at Simi Valley Court on May 17 for the case.
Santa Barbara district attorney Lee Carter who handled Heather's 2008 case has told Radar Online, if the person involved was indeed Heather, she could be charged for violating a probation. In this matter, she may face "up to 90 days in jail," the district attorney said.
In January 2009, Heather pleaded guilty for her 2008 case. As part of the plea deal, a DUI charge against her was dismissed, and she was placed on three years probation.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed