Idol Gives Back: Black Eyed Peas and Alicia Keys Rocking the Stage
Kicked off with a speech from President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle, the fundraising concert of "American Idol" continues with an appearance from Jennifer Garner. She reports for Save the Children campaign from an area in Appalachian Kentucky where 45 percent of the children are living in poverty.
Stating that "It's not fair" to leave those four-year-old kids growing up without help, she notes that audience can help make difference by donating their money. "These are pretty sweet kids," she says. "They deserve anything -- anything -- we can do to help them."
After that, Ryan Seacrest introduces Victoria Adams. The wife of soccer player David Beckham gives viewers a look at Eastern Kentucky when she gave free books to the children in the State. Her appearance is followed by Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger III.
Before Black Eyed Peas is invited to the stage, Ryan first has a chat with "Get Him to the Greek" stars Russell Brand and Jonah Hill. The two actors joke about gathering some high profile celebrity friends to help them pick up the phones for donators. They insist about having Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise and "both hot guys from 'Twilight' " but finally admit that none of the public figures are there when empty desks are captured on camera.
will.i.am and bandmates rock the stage with "Rock That Body". Jeff Beck is the next performer, making a duet with Joss Stone on "I Put a Spell on You". This week's mentor Alicia Keys takes the center stage with a medley of "Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)" and "Empire State of Mind".
After "embarrassing" themselves with empty desks, Jonah and Russell make a comeback with celebrity lookalikes invading the phone bank. There are Justin Bieber, Slash and some other celebrity impersonators captured on camera this time.
Black Eyed Peas:
Jeff Beck and Joss Stone:
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones