Confirmed, Kal Penn Is Victim of Gun Robbery
Kal Penn was the victim of robbery involving gun on Tuesday, April 20 morning. Although officials declined to name victims or witnesses during a case for condition of anonymity, Penn's agent Jennifer Goodwin has confirmed to Associated Press that it was indeed her client who was held at gunpoint.
Penn was walking in Northwest Washington at around 1:30 A.M. near 15th and S streets in the Dupont Circle area, Washington Post reported. A gunman walked up to him and took his wallet and other items. No one was hurt in the incident and a D.C. police official said it was "a basic street robbery".
Penn is not responding to a request for statement. Meanwhile, the White House referred inquiries to the Metropolitan Police Department, which said it could not release information.
Penn gave up his role on "House M.D." last year to enroll in the White House's Office of Public Engagement as an associate director. However, he is making a return to Hollywood later this year, reprising his role in "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival