Confirmed, Kal Penn Is Victim of Gun Robbery
Kal Penn was the victim of robbery involving gun on Tuesday, April 20 morning. Although officials declined to name victims or witnesses during a case for condition of anonymity, Penn's agent Jennifer Goodwin has confirmed to Associated Press that it was indeed her client who was held at gunpoint.
Penn was walking in Northwest Washington at around 1:30 A.M. near 15th and S streets in the Dupont Circle area, Washington Post reported. A gunman walked up to him and took his wallet and other items. No one was hurt in the incident and a D.C. police official said it was "a basic street robbery".
Penn is not responding to a request for statement. Meanwhile, the White House referred inquiries to the Metropolitan Police Department, which said it could not release information.
Penn gave up his role on "House M.D." last year to enroll in the White House's Office of Public Engagement as an associate director. However, he is making a return to Hollywood later this year, reprising his role in "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas".
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'