Confirmed, Kal Penn Is Victim of Gun Robbery
Kal Penn was the victim of robbery involving gun on Tuesday, April 20 morning. Although officials declined to name victims or witnesses during a case for condition of anonymity, Penn's agent Jennifer Goodwin has confirmed to Associated Press that it was indeed her client who was held at gunpoint.
Penn was walking in Northwest Washington at around 1:30 A.M. near 15th and S streets in the Dupont Circle area, Washington Post reported. A gunman walked up to him and took his wallet and other items. No one was hurt in the incident and a D.C. police official said it was "a basic street robbery".
Penn is not responding to a request for statement. Meanwhile, the White House referred inquiries to the Metropolitan Police Department, which said it could not release information.
Penn gave up his role on "House M.D." last year to enroll in the White House's Office of Public Engagement as an associate director. However, he is making a return to Hollywood later this year, reprising his role in "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie