Confirmed, Kal Penn Is Victim of Gun Robbery
Kal Penn was the victim of robbery involving gun on Tuesday, April 20 morning. Although officials declined to name victims or witnesses during a case for condition of anonymity, Penn's agent Jennifer Goodwin has confirmed to Associated Press that it was indeed her client who was held at gunpoint.
Penn was walking in Northwest Washington at around 1:30 A.M. near 15th and S streets in the Dupont Circle area, Washington Post reported. A gunman walked up to him and took his wallet and other items. No one was hurt in the incident and a D.C. police official said it was "a basic street robbery".
Penn is not responding to a request for statement. Meanwhile, the White House referred inquiries to the Metropolitan Police Department, which said it could not release information.
Penn gave up his role on "House M.D." last year to enroll in the White House's Office of Public Engagement as an associate director. However, he is making a return to Hollywood later this year, reprising his role in "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas".
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?