Video: Crystal Bowersox Choked Up in Inspirational 'Idol' Week
In the "American Idol" week where the remaining contestants are told to deliver inspirational songs, Crystal Bowersox amazed the audience and the judges with the reality. The mother of one who almost quit the show few weeks ago sang Ziggy Marley's "People Get Ready" and was overwhelmed by the song that she cried at the end.
Crystal, who usually is accompanied by her guitar, put down the instrument for this week and did a stripped-down version of the song without music in the first few seconds. The audience cheered when she nailed the high note and she started choking towards the end, particularly in the phrase "just thank Lord."
Randy Jackson gave her a standing ovation and Ellen DeGeneres praised her for being evolved. Kara DioGuardi said, "You know why they call you Mama Sox? Because you schooled all those other contestants." Simon Cowell said, "That was inspirational. You sang it fantastically, and for me it was in a completely different class from everything we heard tonight."
The judges were not as appreciative towards Casey James, Siobhan Magnus and the rest, calling most of them so-so. The only one receiving a praise beside Crystal was Lee DeWyze who sang Simon & Garfunkel's "The Boxer". Simon said, "That was sincere, that was emotional, that was inspiration."
More American Idol News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns