Video: Crystal Bowersox Choked Up in Inspirational 'Idol' Week
In the "American Idol" week where the remaining contestants are told to deliver inspirational songs, Crystal Bowersox amazed the audience and the judges with the reality. The mother of one who almost quit the show few weeks ago sang Ziggy Marley's "People Get Ready" and was overwhelmed by the song that she cried at the end.
Crystal, who usually is accompanied by her guitar, put down the instrument for this week and did a stripped-down version of the song without music in the first few seconds. The audience cheered when she nailed the high note and she started choking towards the end, particularly in the phrase "just thank Lord."
Randy Jackson gave her a standing ovation and Ellen DeGeneres praised her for being evolved. Kara DioGuardi said, "You know why they call you Mama Sox? Because you schooled all those other contestants." Simon Cowell said, "That was inspirational. You sang it fantastically, and for me it was in a completely different class from everything we heard tonight."
The judges were not as appreciative towards Casey James, Siobhan Magnus and the rest, calling most of them so-so. The only one receiving a praise beside Crystal was Lee DeWyze who sang Simon & Garfunkel's "The Boxer". Simon said, "That was sincere, that was emotional, that was inspiration."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?