Video: Crystal Bowersox Choked Up in Inspirational 'Idol' Week
In the "American Idol" week where the remaining contestants are told to deliver inspirational songs, Crystal Bowersox amazed the audience and the judges with the reality. The mother of one who almost quit the show few weeks ago sang Ziggy Marley's "People Get Ready" and was overwhelmed by the song that she cried at the end.
Crystal, who usually is accompanied by her guitar, put down the instrument for this week and did a stripped-down version of the song without music in the first few seconds. The audience cheered when she nailed the high note and she started choking towards the end, particularly in the phrase "just thank Lord."
Randy Jackson gave her a standing ovation and Ellen DeGeneres praised her for being evolved. Kara DioGuardi said, "You know why they call you Mama Sox? Because you schooled all those other contestants." Simon Cowell said, "That was inspirational. You sang it fantastically, and for me it was in a completely different class from everything we heard tonight."
The judges were not as appreciative towards Casey James, Siobhan Magnus and the rest, calling most of them so-so. The only one receiving a praise beside Crystal was Lee DeWyze who sang Simon & Garfunkel's "The Boxer". Simon said, "That was sincere, that was emotional, that was inspiration."
More American Idol News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood