Aziz Ansari's Preparations as New MTV Movie Awards Host
MTV hired Aziz Ansari to take over from Andy Samberg as the host of MTV Movie Awards this year. In preparation for the task, the "Parks and Recreation" star has put everything about movie into his head, including stalking Daniel Radcliffe and watching "Avatar" and "Twilight" multiple times.
Still in the mood for jokes, Anzari revealed his motivation to accept the job. "I have a movie coming out this summer called 'Sex and the City 2', " he quipped. "I play Samantha. This is a huge opportunity for me to get the word out. There was a lot of nervousness about, 'Well, is Aziz going to do as good a job as Kim Cattrall?' Well, would Kim Cattrall get the job of hosting the MTV Movie Awards? Probably not. So I think there's a win there. And you know, I was just stunned that all the people from 'Twilight' weren't available and that they were able to come to me."
In another statement, he said that he was "happy" that Ronnie from "Jersey Shore" was not able to host the show, giving the opportunity for him. Few things he told EW he has planned to do on the June 6 show are parodies of "Invictus", an address of his "longstanding feud with Forest Whitaker" as well as Michael Bay's involvement.
The nominees will be revealed on May 11 and fans can vote for their favorites online.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video