Aziz Ansari's Preparations as New MTV Movie Awards Host
MTV hired Aziz Ansari to take over from Andy Samberg as the host of MTV Movie Awards this year. In preparation for the task, the "Parks and Recreation" star has put everything about movie into his head, including stalking Daniel Radcliffe and watching "Avatar" and "Twilight" multiple times.
Still in the mood for jokes, Anzari revealed his motivation to accept the job. "I have a movie coming out this summer called 'Sex and the City 2', " he quipped. "I play Samantha. This is a huge opportunity for me to get the word out. There was a lot of nervousness about, 'Well, is Aziz going to do as good a job as Kim Cattrall?' Well, would Kim Cattrall get the job of hosting the MTV Movie Awards? Probably not. So I think there's a win there. And you know, I was just stunned that all the people from 'Twilight' weren't available and that they were able to come to me."
In another statement, he said that he was "happy" that Ronnie from "Jersey Shore" was not able to host the show, giving the opportunity for him. Few things he told EW he has planned to do on the June 6 show are parodies of "Invictus", an address of his "longstanding feud with Forest Whitaker" as well as Michael Bay's involvement.
The nominees will be revealed on May 11 and fans can vote for their favorites online.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic