Christina Aguilera Confirms to Perform on 'American Idol' Finale
Christina Aguilera is going full throttle with the promotional effort of her upcoming fourth studio album "Bionic". After securing a full half-hour slot at the upcoming "TODAY" summer concert series, she is now confirmed to have been tapped as one of the musical guests on the "American Idol" finale in May.
Christina Aguilera is scheduled to release her new album on June 8, the same day she will perform for the "TODAY" show. In addition to the TV show and "Idol" gigs, she will also tape a performance in Los Angeles for "VH1 Storytellers" on May 4. Three days later, she will go to New York City and do another taping, this time around for an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
As for "American Idol", this reality singing competition will have Carrie Underwood, Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox, Alicia Keys, Jeff Beck and Elton John performing next week for low-key "Idol Gives Back" concert. A taped performance from Justin Bieber will also be broadcast at the charity gig. Then, the "Idol" show will welcome Lady GaGa on May 5.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host