Christina Aguilera Confirms to Perform on 'American Idol' Finale
Christina Aguilera is going full throttle with the promotional effort of her upcoming fourth studio album "Bionic". After securing a full half-hour slot at the upcoming "TODAY" summer concert series, she is now confirmed to have been tapped as one of the musical guests on the "American Idol" finale in May.
Christina Aguilera is scheduled to release her new album on June 8, the same day she will perform for the "TODAY" show. In addition to the TV show and "Idol" gigs, she will also tape a performance in Los Angeles for "VH1 Storytellers" on May 4. Three days later, she will go to New York City and do another taping, this time around for an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
As for "American Idol", this reality singing competition will have Carrie Underwood, Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox, Alicia Keys, Jeff Beck and Elton John performing next week for low-key "Idol Gives Back" concert. A taped performance from Justin Bieber will also be broadcast at the charity gig. Then, the "Idol" show will welcome Lady GaGa on May 5.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences