David Archuleta in Twitter Frenzy After Spotted in Gay Bar
On Saturday, April 17, David Archuleta walked into famous gay bar Club 57 in New York and speculation about his sexuality quickly rose. Before it spreads like wildfire, the former "American Idol" runner-up reached out to his Twitter to explain the real situation.
In a series of tweets, Archuleta said, "Hey guys just wanted to clear something up real quick lol. Last night in New York I got invited to go and see my friend Charice perform. Mental note to self: always ask where before you go! Wasn't my kind of place lol, and I had no clue! I guess you live and learn."
He added, "The upside was that Charice was awesome, and she has an incredible voice. Hope that clears things up! Been seeing some of the tweets.. sheesh! Can get crazy quick. NO worries all, I wouldn't get into things like that intentionally haha. Hope you guys have a good Sunday!"
The last tweet apparently brought a bit of backlash which was why Archuleta posted the following message, "I have friends who are gay, and they're great people. Whether they're gay or not doesn't change how I think of them. I have nothing against anyone, I'm sorry if that's how it came across. I'm just not into the partying scene lol."
Archuleta said that Charice apologized to him repeatedly for not informing him about the possible outcome. The singing bird herself wrote on her Twitter, "I am really thankful to have a great friend like David..thank you @DavidArchie for the support. One more thing, i just got invited there because 'Pyramid' is no.7 on Billboard dance remix and i really had to go there to promote it."
More David Archuleta News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?