David Archuleta in Twitter Frenzy After Spotted in Gay Bar
On Saturday, April 17, David Archuleta walked into famous gay bar Club 57 in New York and speculation about his sexuality quickly rose. Before it spreads like wildfire, the former "American Idol" runner-up reached out to his Twitter to explain the real situation.
In a series of tweets, Archuleta said, "Hey guys just wanted to clear something up real quick lol. Last night in New York I got invited to go and see my friend Charice perform. Mental note to self: always ask where before you go! Wasn't my kind of place lol, and I had no clue! I guess you live and learn."
He added, "The upside was that Charice was awesome, and she has an incredible voice. Hope that clears things up! Been seeing some of the tweets.. sheesh! Can get crazy quick. NO worries all, I wouldn't get into things like that intentionally haha. Hope you guys have a good Sunday!"
The last tweet apparently brought a bit of backlash which was why Archuleta posted the following message, "I have friends who are gay, and they're great people. Whether they're gay or not doesn't change how I think of them. I have nothing against anyone, I'm sorry if that's how it came across. I'm just not into the partying scene lol."
Archuleta said that Charice apologized to him repeatedly for not informing him about the possible outcome. The singing bird herself wrote on her Twitter, "I am really thankful to have a great friend like David..thank you @DavidArchie for the support. One more thing, i just got invited there because 'Pyramid' is no.7 on Billboard dance remix and i really had to go there to promote it."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie