David Archuleta in Twitter Frenzy After Spotted in Gay Bar
On Saturday, April 17, David Archuleta walked into famous gay bar Club 57 in New York and speculation about his sexuality quickly rose. Before it spreads like wildfire, the former "American Idol" runner-up reached out to his Twitter to explain the real situation.
In a series of tweets, Archuleta said, "Hey guys just wanted to clear something up real quick lol. Last night in New York I got invited to go and see my friend Charice perform. Mental note to self: always ask where before you go! Wasn't my kind of place lol, and I had no clue! I guess you live and learn."
He added, "The upside was that Charice was awesome, and she has an incredible voice. Hope that clears things up! Been seeing some of the tweets.. sheesh! Can get crazy quick. NO worries all, I wouldn't get into things like that intentionally haha. Hope you guys have a good Sunday!"
The last tweet apparently brought a bit of backlash which was why Archuleta posted the following message, "I have friends who are gay, and they're great people. Whether they're gay or not doesn't change how I think of them. I have nothing against anyone, I'm sorry if that's how it came across. I'm just not into the partying scene lol."
Archuleta said that Charice apologized to him repeatedly for not informing him about the possible outcome. The singing bird herself wrote on her Twitter, "I am really thankful to have a great friend like David..thank you @DavidArchie for the support. One more thing, i just got invited there because 'Pyramid' is no.7 on Billboard dance remix and i really had to go there to promote it."
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?