Criticized by PETA, Kim Kardashian Defends Cat Picture
Kim Kardashian tried to dodge a war with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) by setting the records straight about her picture dangling a cat by its neck. "Pic from my shoot yesterday...good kitty cat!" she wrote beneath a new TwitPic.
Worried that some people may take it the wrong way, the reality show star quickly wrote on her blog that she meant no harm with the feline. "Rest assured, the owner and vet were on set and showed me how to pick him up," Kardashian wrote. "The cat was not harmed in any way and is perfectly fine! I love animals and would never do anything to harm animals."
However PETA was quick to also issue their response. "Kim Kardashian isn't the only person who mistakenly thinks that because a mother cat picks up her kittens by the scruff of the neck that a supportive hand under the rump isn't needed," the org said.
Backing up PETA is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals L.A. which said, "It is permissible to hold a kitten by his or her scruff for a brief amount of time... [but] the manner in which Ms. Kardashain is holding the kitten could lead others to mishandle animals."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Liam Payne Is Unscathed After Caught in Gunfire at Club
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'