Producers Announce 'Bond 23' Indefinite Delay
The fear turns out to be reality. After a long time without significant progress, "Bond 23" is eventually put on hold. In a press release, producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of EON Productions have just announced that the development of the project is delayed for indefinite time.
"Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on 'Bond 23' indefinitely," Wilson and Broccoli stated jointly. "We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of 'Bond 23'."
The next installment of James Bond film franchise was initially scheduled for 2011 release. Sam Mendes has been slated to serve behind the lens while Peter Morgan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade have been hired to write the script. Daniel Craig is also set to reprise his role as the famous 007 agent.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'