Producers Announce 'Bond 23' Indefinite Delay
The fear turns out to be reality. After a long time without significant progress, "Bond 23" is eventually put on hold. In a press release, producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of EON Productions have just announced that the development of the project is delayed for indefinite time.
"Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on 'Bond 23' indefinitely," Wilson and Broccoli stated jointly. "We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of 'Bond 23'."
The next installment of James Bond film franchise was initially scheduled for 2011 release. Sam Mendes has been slated to serve behind the lens while Peter Morgan, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade have been hired to write the script. Daniel Craig is also set to reprise his role as the famous 007 agent.
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It