Garrett Hedlund of 'Tron Legacy' Will Be 'On the Road'
Garrett Hedlund is about to land a new role. The 25-year-old actor is in negotiation to star in "On the Road". If he indeed signs up for the project, it is likely that he will portray Dean Moriarty, so Production Weekly reported.
Prior to Hedlund, Sam Riley has reportedly joined the movie to support the cast ensemble. On the report which came out about a year ago, it was said that he is cast as Sal Paradise, the analog for author Kerouac.
The latest news also mentions that this movie adaptation of 1957 novel of the same name will start shooting this summer. The project has passed through the hands of a few directors and eventually gone to Walter Salles.
Considered a defining work of the postwar Beat Generation, "On the Road The" is narrated by Kerouac's thinly veiled alter ego Sal Paradise, who gets inspired to hit the road and see America. The story follows his ups and downs as he hitchhikes, hops trains, meets other travelers, struggles for meals and explores the themes of freedom and longing.
Garrett Hedlund made his acting debut in 2004 as Patroclus in "Troy". He is known for his role as Jack Mercer in "Four Brothers" which also features Mark Wahlberg. After landing other supporting roles in some flicks such as "Eragon" and "Georgia Rule", Hedlund will play a major character in "Tron Legacy" which will open wide in the U.S. on December 17.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now