Garrett Hedlund of 'Tron Legacy' Will Be 'On the Road'
Garrett Hedlund is about to land a new role. The 25-year-old actor is in negotiation to star in "On the Road". If he indeed signs up for the project, it is likely that he will portray Dean Moriarty, so Production Weekly reported.
Prior to Hedlund, Sam Riley has reportedly joined the movie to support the cast ensemble. On the report which came out about a year ago, it was said that he is cast as Sal Paradise, the analog for author Kerouac.
The latest news also mentions that this movie adaptation of 1957 novel of the same name will start shooting this summer. The project has passed through the hands of a few directors and eventually gone to Walter Salles.
Considered a defining work of the postwar Beat Generation, "On the Road The" is narrated by Kerouac's thinly veiled alter ego Sal Paradise, who gets inspired to hit the road and see America. The story follows his ups and downs as he hitchhikes, hops trains, meets other travelers, struggles for meals and explores the themes of freedom and longing.
Garrett Hedlund made his acting debut in 2004 as Patroclus in "Troy". He is known for his role as Jack Mercer in "Four Brothers" which also features Mark Wahlberg. After landing other supporting roles in some flicks such as "Eragon" and "Georgia Rule", Hedlund will play a major character in "Tron Legacy" which will open wide in the U.S. on December 17.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction