Garrett Hedlund of 'Tron Legacy' Will Be 'On the Road'
Garrett Hedlund is about to land a new role. The 25-year-old actor is in negotiation to star in "On the Road". If he indeed signs up for the project, it is likely that he will portray Dean Moriarty, so Production Weekly reported.
Prior to Hedlund, Sam Riley has reportedly joined the movie to support the cast ensemble. On the report which came out about a year ago, it was said that he is cast as Sal Paradise, the analog for author Kerouac.
The latest news also mentions that this movie adaptation of 1957 novel of the same name will start shooting this summer. The project has passed through the hands of a few directors and eventually gone to Walter Salles.
Considered a defining work of the postwar Beat Generation, "On the Road The" is narrated by Kerouac's thinly veiled alter ego Sal Paradise, who gets inspired to hit the road and see America. The story follows his ups and downs as he hitchhikes, hops trains, meets other travelers, struggles for meals and explores the themes of freedom and longing.
Garrett Hedlund made his acting debut in 2004 as Patroclus in "Troy". He is known for his role as Jack Mercer in "Four Brothers" which also features Mark Wahlberg. After landing other supporting roles in some flicks such as "Eragon" and "Georgia Rule", Hedlund will play a major character in "Tron Legacy" which will open wide in the U.S. on December 17.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels