Artist of the Week: Cypress Hill
Six years after releasing "Till Death Do Us Part" in 2004, Cypress Hill finally make a comeback with a new album "Rise Up" this year. The Latino group are gearing to drop their next studio installment in the U.S. on April 20.
In this effort, the band include rock sound like they first did in 2000 "Skull & Bones" which led them return to the Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200 after failing to crack the list with its predecessor. Instead of separating the rap and rock music in a 2-disc album however, they blend the different sounds into one single-disc set.
On how they came up with such idea, the band's member B-Real told AOL, "We did the bulk of it [the album], but after we got halfway, we said, 'Let's try some different things'." One of the featured guests in the album are Mike Shinoda of the Linkin Park.
He continued, "We thought we should try collaborating with Tom Morello, which was a natural fit. We reached out and he gave us two great tracks. After that, we thought, 'Well, shoot, Tom gave us great stuff, so let's reach out to more people to get something raw like that'."
"That's when we reached out to Daron [Malakian] from System of a Down. We got our stuff out of the way and then went to the other guys to see what kind of vibe they could add to what we already had going on."
Cypress Hill have started promotional effort for the upcoming release with a series of live concerts, including a slot at Summerfest and Lollapalooza. The band's other scheduled shows can be checked on their MySpace where fans can also stream "Rise Up" in its entirety.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour