More Winners of 2010 GLAAD Awards Unveiled in L.A.
From New York City, GLAAD Awards moved to Los Angeles to announce the second wave of winners. Held on Saturday, April 17 at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, the event revealed additional winners including "Glee" which has three openly-out people behind it.
With Outstanding Comedy Series statuette in hand, creator Ryan Murphy tipped his hat to stars Jane Lynch and Chris Colfer. He said about the latter, "We have so much love for our own Chris Colfer, who at age 19 when the media came calling, Chris was true to who he is instead of waiting to announce (that he's gay) at 40 when it doesn't matter. This show is about arts education and inclusion, and we are using the show in a great way."
There was an extra hint of what will happen to Chris' Kurt in the show this season. "Chris' character will never be the victim," said Murphy, adding Kurt "will have a boyfriend, and they are going to be prom kings and be popular."
Beside "Glee", Wanda Sykes and Drew Barrymore also took the stage to be honored with Vanguard and Stephen F. Kolzak awards respectively. Sykes joked, "I want to thank the Fox network for allowing me to do the show I'm doing; it's like Rupert Murdoch buying back all the hate - like I'm saving him from going to hell." Barrymore meanwhile said, "That is the most important thing in the world: that we take care of each other because this is a family."
"A Single Man" was handed Outstanding Film - Wide Release award while "RuPaul's Drag Race" was given Outstanding Reality Program. Other recipients as well as previously-announced winners are available at GLAAD.org.
Adam Lambert contributed to the event by performing two songs. The next and last ceremony will be held on June 5 in San Francisco.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest