Katy Perry Discusses Third Album, Planning to Record Californian Anthem
Katy Perry opted to talk about her next studio installment in an interview with Rolling Stone. The 25-year-old singer shared her plan to record a Californian song as an answer to Jay-Z's New York anthem "Empire State of Mind".
"It's so great that 'Empire State of Mind' is huge and that everyone has the New York song, but what the f**k? What about LA? What about California?" she raved. "It's been a minute since we had a California song and especially from a girl's perspective. We took the references of Prince, which is always a great reference, and some of the '90s, almost house music references."
Calling her collaboration with Dr. Luke and Max Martin in her previous record as "wonderful" experience, the pop/rock singer will reunite with the two top notch producers for this upcoming release. "I wanted to come back and work with them even more on this record, so instead of it being two songs we have six or seven on this record now," she said.
Most recently, Katy Perry showed up at Taylor Swift's concert taking place at Staples Center on April 15. They made a live duet in "Hot 'N Cold" and "jumped up and down a lot" in front of screaming fans. Additionally, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker spared her time to go to Indio, California and watched Coachella summer music festival with some friends.
Katy Perry's live duet with Taylor Swift:
More Katy Perry News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'