Katy Perry Discusses Third Album, Planning to Record Californian Anthem
Katy Perry opted to talk about her next studio installment in an interview with Rolling Stone. The 25-year-old singer shared her plan to record a Californian song as an answer to Jay-Z's New York anthem "Empire State of Mind".
"It's so great that 'Empire State of Mind' is huge and that everyone has the New York song, but what the f**k? What about LA? What about California?" she raved. "It's been a minute since we had a California song and especially from a girl's perspective. We took the references of Prince, which is always a great reference, and some of the '90s, almost house music references."
Calling her collaboration with Dr. Luke and Max Martin in her previous record as "wonderful" experience, the pop/rock singer will reunite with the two top notch producers for this upcoming release. "I wanted to come back and work with them even more on this record, so instead of it being two songs we have six or seven on this record now," she said.
Most recently, Katy Perry showed up at Taylor Swift's concert taking place at Staples Center on April 15. They made a live duet in "Hot 'N Cold" and "jumped up and down a lot" in front of screaming fans. Additionally, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker spared her time to go to Indio, California and watched Coachella summer music festival with some friends.
Katy Perry's live duet with Taylor Swift:
More Katy Perry News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March