Sam Claflin Lands Key Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" has found its replacement for Orlando Bloom. Walt Disney Pictures has announced that Sam Claflin has been tapped to star in the upcoming movie to play a key role of Philip, a youthful missionary.
Previously, it was reported that Claflin was competing with another newcomer Max Irons for the leading part in the film. It appears that the "The Pillars of the Earth" star won the competition from his fellow British actor.
Few days before, the studio has added another name to the line-up of actors for "Pirates of the Caribbean 4". French actress Astrid Berges-Frisbey has been cast to portray a "beautiful and alluring young mermaid" called Syrena.
In "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. Penelope Cruz is set to star opposite him, playing Blackbeard's daughter who will also have a flirt with Depp's character.
The fourth installment of the adventure film franchise will follow the eccentric pirate on a quest to find the Fountain of Youth. Rob Marshall will serve behind the lens when shooting starts in Hawaii this summer for a scheduled May 20, 2011 U.S. release.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris