Sam Claflin Lands Key Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" has found its replacement for Orlando Bloom. Walt Disney Pictures has announced that Sam Claflin has been tapped to star in the upcoming movie to play a key role of Philip, a youthful missionary.
Previously, it was reported that Claflin was competing with another newcomer Max Irons for the leading part in the film. It appears that the "The Pillars of the Earth" star won the competition from his fellow British actor.
Few days before, the studio has added another name to the line-up of actors for "Pirates of the Caribbean 4". French actress Astrid Berges-Frisbey has been cast to portray a "beautiful and alluring young mermaid" called Syrena.
In "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. Penelope Cruz is set to star opposite him, playing Blackbeard's daughter who will also have a flirt with Depp's character.
The fourth installment of the adventure film franchise will follow the eccentric pirate on a quest to find the Fountain of Youth. Rob Marshall will serve behind the lens when shooting starts in Hawaii this summer for a scheduled May 20, 2011 U.S. release.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March