Sam Claflin Lands Key Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" has found its replacement for Orlando Bloom. Walt Disney Pictures has announced that Sam Claflin has been tapped to star in the upcoming movie to play a key role of Philip, a youthful missionary.
Previously, it was reported that Claflin was competing with another newcomer Max Irons for the leading part in the film. It appears that the "The Pillars of the Earth" star won the competition from his fellow British actor.
Few days before, the studio has added another name to the line-up of actors for "Pirates of the Caribbean 4". French actress Astrid Berges-Frisbey has been cast to portray a "beautiful and alluring young mermaid" called Syrena.
In "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. Penelope Cruz is set to star opposite him, playing Blackbeard's daughter who will also have a flirt with Depp's character.
The fourth installment of the adventure film franchise will follow the eccentric pirate on a quest to find the Fountain of Youth. Rob Marshall will serve behind the lens when shooting starts in Hawaii this summer for a scheduled May 20, 2011 U.S. release.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017