Mo'Nique's Brother Finally Admits He Molested Her
Gerald Imes will make a shocking confession when he appears for an upcoming episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show". In the Monday, April 19 episode of the talk show, he will speak publicly for the first time about the sexual abuse he has done to his actress sister Mo'Nique.
In an excerpt of the intense interview obtained by Black Voices, it is known that the man, who has been freed after serving 15 years in jail for another sexual offense, tells Oprah Winfrey he did not molest his sister regularly, but "it happened more than" he wanted to. Beside inviting the accused "monster" brother of Mo'Nique, the show host will also have their parents on the audience seats.
Mo'Nique has previously revealed that Gerald molested her when she was 7 years old and he was nearly ten years older than her. The "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star said it continued until she was 11 and he molested her four times over the course of the next four years.
According to Mo'Nique's statement, she decided to tell her parents when she was 15 but they never did anything significant. The 42-year-old has never contacted her brother since 2005 and apparently will not come to the Monday's episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
Sneak peek video for the Monday, April 19 episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" is available on YouTube.
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon