Confirmed: Crystal Bowersox Almost Quit 'American Idol'
The pressure of competition and sudden fame have taken its toll for Crystal Bowersox. The "American Idol" contestant who has never been in the bottom three wanted to quit the show two weeks ago but luckily Ryan Seacrest did an intervention. The host confirmed that he has convinced the mother of one to continue being in the show.
Seacrest caught up with the dreadlocked singer in the parking lot after the show. Bowersox told him that she hated the attention and missed her family in Ohio terribly. "What's the point?" she allegedly said. Then Seacrest motivated her, "The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house. You can buy your mom a house."
Seacrest was successful in convincing Bowersox to stay. The aspiring singer even posted a message on "Idol" Facebook page, "We all have moments of doubt. As much as I miss my kid, the big picture is this: I'm doing this for him and my fans. I'm having the time of my life!"
Next week, "Idol" will air the annual Idol Gives Back special and welcome Alicia Keys as mentor for the Top 7. Bowersox and the others are free to choose any "inspirational" songs for their performance.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture