Confirmed: Crystal Bowersox Almost Quit 'American Idol'
The pressure of competition and sudden fame have taken its toll for Crystal Bowersox. The "American Idol" contestant who has never been in the bottom three wanted to quit the show two weeks ago but luckily Ryan Seacrest did an intervention. The host confirmed that he has convinced the mother of one to continue being in the show.
Seacrest caught up with the dreadlocked singer in the parking lot after the show. Bowersox told him that she hated the attention and missed her family in Ohio terribly. "What's the point?" she allegedly said. Then Seacrest motivated her, "The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house. You can buy your mom a house."
Seacrest was successful in convincing Bowersox to stay. The aspiring singer even posted a message on "Idol" Facebook page, "We all have moments of doubt. As much as I miss my kid, the big picture is this: I'm doing this for him and my fans. I'm having the time of my life!"
Next week, "Idol" will air the annual Idol Gives Back special and welcome Alicia Keys as mentor for the Top 7. Bowersox and the others are free to choose any "inspirational" songs for their performance.
More American Idol News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!