Confirmed: Crystal Bowersox Almost Quit 'American Idol'
The pressure of competition and sudden fame have taken its toll for Crystal Bowersox. The "American Idol" contestant who has never been in the bottom three wanted to quit the show two weeks ago but luckily Ryan Seacrest did an intervention. The host confirmed that he has convinced the mother of one to continue being in the show.
Seacrest caught up with the dreadlocked singer in the parking lot after the show. Bowersox told him that she hated the attention and missed her family in Ohio terribly. "What's the point?" she allegedly said. Then Seacrest motivated her, "The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house. You can buy your mom a house."
Seacrest was successful in convincing Bowersox to stay. The aspiring singer even posted a message on "Idol" Facebook page, "We all have moments of doubt. As much as I miss my kid, the big picture is this: I'm doing this for him and my fans. I'm having the time of my life!"
Next week, "Idol" will air the annual Idol Gives Back special and welcome Alicia Keys as mentor for the Top 7. Bowersox and the others are free to choose any "inspirational" songs for their performance.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'