'Jonah Hex' May Not Meet the Deadline
It is only two months away from the scheduled release of "Jonah Hex", but none of the preview has been outed by Warner Bros. Pictures except a couple of pictures. Discussing the question of whether the film will be ready or not for June 18 release date, New York Magazine has got information from Brent Hinds who was hired to work on the scores regarding the progress of the movie.
"What I've seen so far doesn't seem to be finished to me. I'd heard a little rumor: 'This s**t ain't gonna be ready'," the guitarist and singer of heavy-metal band Mastodon shared. However, he added, "But then again, Warner Bros. is such a f***ing bastard. They're like, 'The s**t comes out on the day it's supposed to.' But what do I know? I'm just the dude to whom they're like, 'Hey, play some crazy f***in' music!' "
Back in January this year, Josh Brolin and some other cast members were taken to the set again to reshoot existing scenes as well as new parts. Not only the actors, but also Hinds, who alongside his band made music for the movie, had to rescore a significant portion of the movie after composer John Powell was replaced by Marco Beltrami.
"I totally had to go back and start over again," Hinds explained. "We're still working on it. We wrapped a little of it today; we're doing a little more tomorrow. Tomorrow is enough for me. I was finished months ago. We had such short notice to work on the thing."
Despite all doubts about the readiness of "Jonah Hex", a studio spokesman insisted a trailer will be unleashed in front of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" which will hit U.S. theaters on April 30 and the movie will be released as scheduled. "Trailer and film are looking great!" director Jimmy Hayward told New York Magazine.
Dishing on the issue, one marketing chief at a rival studio claimed if Warners has not debuted any trailer by the end of April, then it is likely that they have to postpone the release date. And even if they do get the trailer out on time, another marketing executive added, "They'll have to spend a fortune on TV to make up for the [advertising] delays."
A movie adaptation of comic books of the same title, "Jonah Hex" centers its story on Hex, who is known for having the right side of his face disfigured and wearing a Confederate army uniform. Josh Brolin leads, joined by Megan Fox who plays a prostitute named Leila.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones