Justin Bieber Confirmed for Low-Key 'Idol Gives Back'
Justin Bieber's "American Idol" taped performance, which has been rumored since earlier this month, is confirmed to be aired on "Idol Gives Back" week. He will join other musical guests, including Carrie Underwood, Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox, Alicia Keys, Jeff Beck and Elton John.
In a conference call on Thursday, April 15, executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz explained the decision to keep Justin's performance for the charity. "I looked at that night as a good night for him to be on, because he's absolutely phenomenal, and he's young and he's a real inspiration for [the] young generation, so it was a really good fit for him to be in that special episode," she told the press.
The "Idol Gives Back" concert will be held "with a slightly different approach" and broadcast as part of the April 21 elimination night. "This time it is much more low key. Whatever people can donate will be great," she said, referring to economic crisis currently sweeping the country.
During the gig, viewers can bid online for an opportunity to meet Simon Cowell, win a pair of autographed sneakers from Ellen DeGeneres and get a private lesson with Randy Jackson as well as Kara DioGuardi. Proceeds will benefit Children's Health Fund, Feeding America, Malaria No More, Save the Children's U.S. Programs and the United Nations Foundation.
More Justin Bieber News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!