Justin Bieber Confirmed for Low-Key 'Idol Gives Back'
Justin Bieber's "American Idol" taped performance, which has been rumored since earlier this month, is confirmed to be aired on "Idol Gives Back" week. He will join other musical guests, including Carrie Underwood, Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox, Alicia Keys, Jeff Beck and Elton John.
In a conference call on Thursday, April 15, executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz explained the decision to keep Justin's performance for the charity. "I looked at that night as a good night for him to be on, because he's absolutely phenomenal, and he's young and he's a real inspiration for [the] young generation, so it was a really good fit for him to be in that special episode," she told the press.
The "Idol Gives Back" concert will be held "with a slightly different approach" and broadcast as part of the April 21 elimination night. "This time it is much more low key. Whatever people can donate will be great," she said, referring to economic crisis currently sweeping the country.
During the gig, viewers can bid online for an opportunity to meet Simon Cowell, win a pair of autographed sneakers from Ellen DeGeneres and get a private lesson with Randy Jackson as well as Kara DioGuardi. Proceeds will benefit Children's Health Fund, Feeding America, Malaria No More, Save the Children's U.S. Programs and the United Nations Foundation.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?