Madonna Breaks Silence Over 'Glee' Tribute for Her
"Glee" is to air "The Power of Madonna" next week and the woman in subject has broken her silence about being honored in one-hour musical fiesta. Not only is she excited because her songs are used in the episode, Madonna is also proud that they are meant to encourage the girls to step up against the guys.
"I think Mr. Schuester is very cute," Madonna said in reference to Matthew Morrison's character. "And I'm glad he's doing such a good job empowering all the girls." In the episode, Schuester sees that the girls are being disrespected and bullied by the guys. Thus, he challenges the entire team to choose Madonna songs as their next assignment in the hopes that the girls embrace her strength, independence and confidence and that the guys will see the error of their misogynistic ways.
This statement from Madonna is in contrary to earlier report that Madonna doesn't know what "Glee" is because she doesn't own a TV. PopEater further wrote, "The show (producers) did ask her if she wanted to make an appearance in the much-hyped Madonna episode. She said, 'No thanks', and to be honest she would rather they sing an Elton John song than butcher one of hers."
"The Power of Madonna" will feature songs like "Vogue", "Like a Virgin", "4 Minutes" and "Like a Prayer". The latest song is sung by the cast ensemble and is already leaked in iTunes quality. Meanwhile, a new "Glee" promo is released on top of the announcement that the return episode on April 13 absorbed 21 million viewers.
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas