Madonna Breaks Silence Over 'Glee' Tribute for Her
"Glee" is to air "The Power of Madonna" next week and the woman in subject has broken her silence about being honored in one-hour musical fiesta. Not only is she excited because her songs are used in the episode, Madonna is also proud that they are meant to encourage the girls to step up against the guys.
"I think Mr. Schuester is very cute," Madonna said in reference to Matthew Morrison's character. "And I'm glad he's doing such a good job empowering all the girls." In the episode, Schuester sees that the girls are being disrespected and bullied by the guys. Thus, he challenges the entire team to choose Madonna songs as their next assignment in the hopes that the girls embrace her strength, independence and confidence and that the guys will see the error of their misogynistic ways.
This statement from Madonna is in contrary to earlier report that Madonna doesn't know what "Glee" is because she doesn't own a TV. PopEater further wrote, "The show (producers) did ask her if she wanted to make an appearance in the much-hyped Madonna episode. She said, 'No thanks', and to be honest she would rather they sing an Elton John song than butcher one of hers."
"The Power of Madonna" will feature songs like "Vogue", "Like a Virgin", "4 Minutes" and "Like a Prayer". The latest song is sung by the cast ensemble and is already leaked in iTunes quality. Meanwhile, a new "Glee" promo is released on top of the announcement that the return episode on April 13 absorbed 21 million viewers.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak