Madonna Breaks Silence Over 'Glee' Tribute for Her
"Glee" is to air "The Power of Madonna" next week and the woman in subject has broken her silence about being honored in one-hour musical fiesta. Not only is she excited because her songs are used in the episode, Madonna is also proud that they are meant to encourage the girls to step up against the guys.
"I think Mr. Schuester is very cute," Madonna said in reference to Matthew Morrison's character. "And I'm glad he's doing such a good job empowering all the girls." In the episode, Schuester sees that the girls are being disrespected and bullied by the guys. Thus, he challenges the entire team to choose Madonna songs as their next assignment in the hopes that the girls embrace her strength, independence and confidence and that the guys will see the error of their misogynistic ways.
This statement from Madonna is in contrary to earlier report that Madonna doesn't know what "Glee" is because she doesn't own a TV. PopEater further wrote, "The show (producers) did ask her if she wanted to make an appearance in the much-hyped Madonna episode. She said, 'No thanks', and to be honest she would rather they sing an Elton John song than butcher one of hers."
"The Power of Madonna" will feature songs like "Vogue", "Like a Virgin", "4 Minutes" and "Like a Prayer". The latest song is sung by the cast ensemble and is already leaked in iTunes quality. Meanwhile, a new "Glee" promo is released on top of the announcement that the return episode on April 13 absorbed 21 million viewers.
- Ex 'Apprentice' Contestant Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Trump for Denying Sexual Assault Claims
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Seen Filming 'Red Sparrow' in Budapest
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts