Photo Call: 'You Don't Know Jack' Premieres in NYC
Susan Sarandon made an effort to attend the red carpet premiere of HBO's "You Don't Know Jack" although she was on crutches. In the TV movie which will premiere on April 24, the actress portrays the head of the Hemlock Society in Michigan named Janet Good.
Al Pacino, the actor behind the central character, was also in attendance along with the man whom he portrayed, Dr. Jack Kevorkian aka Dr. Death. Kevorkian was accompanied by his long-time attorney Mayer Morganroth who took part in sealing the deal with executive producer Steve Lee Jones to adapt his client's story into a movie.
The event held at Ziegfeld Theater in New York City was also celebrated by Danny Huston, Eric Lange, Tony Sirico, Angela Pierce and director Barry Levinson.
Based on a true story, "You Don't Know Jack" follows Jack Kevorkian as he builds his infamous Mercitron and starts a media frenzy with his epic legal battles defending a patient's right to die. "What is crucial to the experience with Jack is that most patients that left and did not come back were different after they saw Jack," Pacino said of portraying the character.
"Somehow, that he existed eased their anxiety. They felt they had more control of their lives after meeting Jack, and their relatives would report back to Jack how much easier it was to live with them."
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair