Eminem Announces New Album 'Recovery', Planning It for June Release
Hours after announcing the cancellation of "Relapse 2", Eminem revealed that he is readying a new album called "Recovery". The Slim Shady eyes to release the effort across the United States this summer on June 22.
"I had originally planned for 'Relapse 2' to come out last year," he said in a statement. "But as I kept recording and working with new producers, the idea of a sequel to 'Relapse' started to make less and less sense to me, and I wanted to make a completely new album."
"The music on 'Recovery' came out very different from 'Relapse', and I think it deserves its own title," he continued. Musicians confirmed to make contribution to the upcoming release are DJ Khalil, Just Blaze, Jim Jonsin and Boi-1da.
Earlier this month, Just Blaze discussed lyrical content of Eminem's next studio project. "He's really back spitting. The wordplay is crazy, the metaphors are crazy. He's really back on his game. He had his ups, he had his downs, he's back way, way, way up," he gushed.
"This is definitely going to be up there with the best of his albums, for sure, for sure. The fact that he's branched out working with a lot of different people now, collaborating in a lot of different ways that he never has before, I think he's going to surprise a lot of people."
More Eminem News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group