Eminem Announces New Album 'Recovery', Planning It for June Release
Hours after announcing the cancellation of "Relapse 2", Eminem revealed that he is readying a new album called "Recovery". The Slim Shady eyes to release the effort across the United States this summer on June 22.
"I had originally planned for 'Relapse 2' to come out last year," he said in a statement. "But as I kept recording and working with new producers, the idea of a sequel to 'Relapse' started to make less and less sense to me, and I wanted to make a completely new album."
"The music on 'Recovery' came out very different from 'Relapse', and I think it deserves its own title," he continued. Musicians confirmed to make contribution to the upcoming release are DJ Khalil, Just Blaze, Jim Jonsin and Boi-1da.
Earlier this month, Just Blaze discussed lyrical content of Eminem's next studio project. "He's really back spitting. The wordplay is crazy, the metaphors are crazy. He's really back on his game. He had his ups, he had his downs, he's back way, way, way up," he gushed.
"This is definitely going to be up there with the best of his albums, for sure, for sure. The fact that he's branched out working with a lot of different people now, collaborating in a lot of different ways that he never has before, I think he's going to surprise a lot of people."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism