Hayley Atwell Is Captain America's Love Interest
Captain America has made a decision of who will be his girl. After several names emerged as the possible depicter of Peggy Carter, the love interest of the superhero in "The First Avenger: Captain America", Hayley Atwell has come out as the winner of the competition.
According to The Hollywood Reporter which first came out with the news, Hayley nabbed the coveted role after following screen test in London a week ago. It appears that the 28-year-old, who starred in 2009 miniseries "The Prisoner", has beaten out Alice Eve who was also up for the part.
Hayley will star opposite Chris Evans who has been tapped to play the titular character. Sebastian Stan has also been cast as Bucky Barnes who is the fighting buddy of Captain America. Joe Johnston is set to serve behind the lens when shooting starts this summer in England.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" will follow Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Paramount Pictures plans to release the movie in the U.S. on July 22, 2011.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal