Olivia Wilde Is a Stripper in 'Butter', Teaming Up With Hugh Jackman
"Butter" has made a good start by tapping a number of A-list stars. The film which will be produced by Jennifer Garner alongside Michael De Luca and Alissa Phillips has just added Olivia Wilde, Hugh Jackman and Alicia Silverstone on the list of actors.
Movieline reports the "The O.C." star is set to play a tattooed stripper who is the mistress to a term-limited butter-carving champion played by Ty Burrell. Garner, in the meantime, also stars as the champion's wife, who decides to take the crown for herself.
As for the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" hunk, he will be seen playing an old flame of Garner's character. Silverstone, meanwhile, is cast as the adoptive mother of a girl who is going to be up against Garner's character in the competition. The young girl is portrayed by Yara Shahidi.
Previously, "Butter" has made Ashley Greene inking a deal to star in it. The "Twilight" beauty is set to take the role of a rebellious high school teenager named Kaitlen Pickler. The story itself will follow a number of competitive characters in a small Midwestern town as they become entwined in an annual butter-carving contest.
"She's Out of My League" director Jim Field Smith will serve behind the lens for this political satire with the script provided by Jason A. Micallef. Shooting is planned to start later this month but no release date has been locked yet.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'