Olivia Wilde Is a Stripper in 'Butter', Teaming Up With Hugh Jackman
"Butter" has made a good start by tapping a number of A-list stars. The film which will be produced by Jennifer Garner alongside Michael De Luca and Alissa Phillips has just added Olivia Wilde, Hugh Jackman and Alicia Silverstone on the list of actors.
Movieline reports the "The O.C." star is set to play a tattooed stripper who is the mistress to a term-limited butter-carving champion played by Ty Burrell. Garner, in the meantime, also stars as the champion's wife, who decides to take the crown for herself.
As for the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" hunk, he will be seen playing an old flame of Garner's character. Silverstone, meanwhile, is cast as the adoptive mother of a girl who is going to be up against Garner's character in the competition. The young girl is portrayed by Yara Shahidi.
Previously, "Butter" has made Ashley Greene inking a deal to star in it. The "Twilight" beauty is set to take the role of a rebellious high school teenager named Kaitlen Pickler. The story itself will follow a number of competitive characters in a small Midwestern town as they become entwined in an annual butter-carving contest.
"She's Out of My League" director Jim Field Smith will serve behind the lens for this political satire with the script provided by Jason A. Micallef. Shooting is planned to start later this month but no release date has been locked yet.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism