Olivia Wilde Is a Stripper in 'Butter', Teaming Up With Hugh Jackman
"Butter" has made a good start by tapping a number of A-list stars. The film which will be produced by Jennifer Garner alongside Michael De Luca and Alissa Phillips has just added Olivia Wilde, Hugh Jackman and Alicia Silverstone on the list of actors.
Movieline reports the "The O.C." star is set to play a tattooed stripper who is the mistress to a term-limited butter-carving champion played by Ty Burrell. Garner, in the meantime, also stars as the champion's wife, who decides to take the crown for herself.
As for the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" hunk, he will be seen playing an old flame of Garner's character. Silverstone, meanwhile, is cast as the adoptive mother of a girl who is going to be up against Garner's character in the competition. The young girl is portrayed by Yara Shahidi.
Previously, "Butter" has made Ashley Greene inking a deal to star in it. The "Twilight" beauty is set to take the role of a rebellious high school teenager named Kaitlen Pickler. The story itself will follow a number of competitive characters in a small Midwestern town as they become entwined in an annual butter-carving contest.
"She's Out of My League" director Jim Field Smith will serve behind the lens for this political satire with the script provided by Jason A. Micallef. Shooting is planned to start later this month but no release date has been locked yet.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017